Sunday, October 6, 2013

Our Lunchbox-Week 6

Here's last weeks lunchbox love.  Another week of just trying to find anything that was in my cupboard.  Not too shabby considering that there wasn't much to pull from.  All recipes are below!

Monday
Overnight oats, oranges and grapes, Strawberry Gogi berry mini muffins that I made awhile ago and froze, rice krispie treat (modified)

Wednesday
 
Each kid got a veggie sandwich with lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, shredded carrot and hummus on an organic sourdough bread, organic grapes, and Lucy's chocolate chip cookies.  Madelyn likes squeezy applesauce while Kaiden likes just regular organic, unsweetened applesauce from Trader Joe's. 

Friday
I was feeling festive so I made PB&J sandwiches and used my pumpkin cookie cutters.  Strawberries and applesauce with Maple Leaf cookie and "oreo" cookie from Trader Joe's.
Recipes I used:
Overnight oats-We normally eat these for breakfast, but who said I couldn't pack it for lunch?!?!  It's a simple recipe to make the night before.  I don't add the maple syrup the next day and think it is plenty sweet enough as long as you use a really ripe banana.  YUMMY!

Rice Krispie Treats-I used the original recipe except I modified it by using, Erewhon organic brown rice cereal, vegan marshmallows, and Earth Balance vegan soy free butter.

Strawberry Gogi berry muffins-Find the recipe in Dreena's book Let Them Eat Vegan.  Love her. Her chocolate chip cookie recipe is my go to...so good!  Her blog is here.

Hope you get some new lunchbox ideas here.  Have a great week!

No comments: