Did I post this recipe yet? One might ask why I don't just go back into my listing of posts and find out? In which I would answer: Cause my head is spinning from all the craziness going on that I don't feel like taking not one extra step to actually find out the answer to my own question.
At any rate, this pudding recipe is pretty much spot on to the real thing. Well, minus all the crap that the instant mixes have in them. And if your not gonna care about what's in your food, then I will just have to do that for you.
- 1 ripe avocado. Yes, avocado. Trust me here. Cut in half, scoop out the goods, get rid of the pit and cut into chunks
- 1 ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 1 cup milk. Any milk will work: 1%, 2%, soy, almond, etc.
- 1/4 cup raw cocoa powder. Find this at Whole Foods or online (I like Vitacost for all my natural food, vitamin and health care needs). Or I just used Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder since I had that on hand.
- 2T agave nectar
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional). I put this in the first batch I made and my kids didn't like the pieces of coconut in their pudding. So, it's up to you if you want to add it.
I just made two batches and am anxiously awaiting it to get chilled before I guiltlessly (totally a word) dive in!