Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Kaiden's 4th Birthday

My baby is 4. Just yesterday he was nestled all snuggly in his hospital incubator and then I blinked and we were celebrating his 4th birthday. Ho hum. Ho hum.

Hubby was in town for the celebration in which we had a few family members to join in the festivities. He wanted a "batman" theme this year. Which was really no surprise since about a month ago he told me he wanted to be "Batman" for Halloween this year. A fun time was had by all. No tears were shed by mom (miraculously!) and he got everything that he had on his "wish list."

I made a Batman cake using Katie's Slow Cook Chocolate Cake. I made it last year for Madelyn's birthday, and people, it's good. I used a vanilla frosting recipe from Melissa that she gave me about a year ago. I colored the icing yellow and used black sugar sheets to cut out a batman symbol. I definitely won't be on Cake Boss anytime soon, but it was a fun cake to make.

Here's the "Bat Family"

We sang "Happy Birthday" to Kaiden who looks none-to-thrilled to have all the attention on him!
On Sunday, Kaiden's actual birthday, we took a family trip to Linvilla. LOVE this place!

We fed the sheep...

And the goats...

...And took a hayride through all the orchards.

Then we came home and opened some presents. A Lightening McQueen car was a big hit from Grandma Mary

A spiderman umbrella from Mommy and Daddy

A road rug for all his cars. Also from Mommy and Daddy.

And a Teddy Bear from Mee-ma and P-pa.

And his favorite of all is the bell for his bike he has been asking for!


It was a great birthday. So you can stop growing now Kaiden! Love you oogles.

2 comments:

tanya said...

Happy 4th Birthday Kaiden! You did a great job on the cake :)

Mee'ma said...

I get teary everytime I watch
Kaiden open his "teddy bear"...
which he later named "Circle"
very original name I might add.

Happy B-day to a darling 4yr. old
grand-son......