Friday, September 23, 2011

Roasted Sweet Potato Spinach Salad

Mmmmm....Now doesn't that look good? As a result of some recent "emotional eating" since arriving here in PA in June I am starting to find my energy levels have plummeted, I feel a lot more bloated and my pants are fitting ever so more snugly than before. I have clearly fallen off my healthy eating train. But, I recently ignited my passion for eating whole, organic foods by watching "Forks Over Knives." It's a great flick with a "Food, Inc." kind of feel to it. Definitely worth watching.

So, I had remembered this salad that a friend of mine had made while I was at her house. It's so easy, yet so good. I made it the other night for dinner and I will definitely be adding this back into my food rotation! Next time I might add some roasted asparagus to it as well. Yummy!

Directions:
Peel one sweet potato (or yam) and slice into 1-inch pieces. Mix with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread on a cookie sheet and roast in at 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. Turn after 15 minutes. Place on top of spinach lettuce and add pine nuts, feta cheese & tomatoes. Season with Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing and viola! Gobble up and feel good that you've just nourished your body with organic, whole foods!

No comments: