Sunday, March 6, 2011

Crockpot Applesauce

I have been making crock pot applesauce lately like it's goin' out of style. Since organic apples are easy to find right now, especially a dozen of them at Costco, I have been buying them up and making a few batches here and there. Mmmmm....I may be so inclined to say that I may never buy store bought applesauce again! It's super easy, smells super delish while crocking and tastes even better. Even my kiddos gobble it up!

First, grab yourself a beverage of choice. Today mine was a Stella since it was a Sunday and all.

Next, peel and dice up all your apples. I use a combo of whatever I have on hand...Gala, Pink Lady, Braeburn, etc. Mix and match, too, if you like. I just keep on peeling and cutting until my crock pot is full.

Somethin' like this...
Add about 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/2-3/4 cup of brown sugar for a sweeter sauce.
Mix it all up.
Add a little water. I only add about 1/4 cup.
Crock on High for 6ish hours. I sometimes crock overnight and wake up to the smell of sweet cinnamon and sugar throughout my house.
I then drain the water and put in my Vitamix for a quick mash to get it more saucey. Eat plain or even over oatmeal.
DELISH!

2 comments:

chandy said...

I thought you were going to put the beer in the applesauce...that might actually be really good!

Yo'Mama said...

hmmm....YUM, applesauce!!!!
all I can say is"I can't wait til you come home in June for a month"so you can continue your obsessive-organized journey with yo'Mama's house!!!!!!!