Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Where I Have Been

Oh. My. Goodness.

The past few weeks have been INSANE around here. I don't know what happened. October was going all smooth and non-eventful like and all of a sudden WHAM! it turned into YOUHAVEGOTTOBEKIDDINGME mode in no time flat. Whew. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

But seriously. I have taken on some other hobbies that have caused every second of my "free time" to get eaten up. Couponing. It may just be thing that kills me.

It all started about a month ago when a gal from my mom's group wrote on our message boards that she is interested in starting to use coupons. From there we had newbie couponers, expert couponers and coupon flirters all respond that they were also interested in getting together to share tips, learn from the pros or get some motivation to get back in the couponing scene. Who isn't up for saving a buck or two here and there? So, I decided to go to the "class" that we set up to learn a thing or two about it.

Since I buy 80-90% organic products (or make most of my stuff from scratch) I never thought that I would ever benefit from using coupons. Until now. I quickly learned that I too, can save a pretty penny by just taking the time to clip some coupons, check out the sale ads and meander through some couponing websites. Now, I won't ever save as much as the people out there that are buying conventional products per se, but now that I am aware of what is out there, I too have found that I can save with just a little planning and researching.

I am still learning. And while it is taking me what seems like FOREVER to figure it all out, I know that as I get more comfortable with this whole new endeavor (and stockpile!) that I will become more comfortable and it will seem like second nature. But in the meantime, I am finding it fun to go to the store and seek out the sales, stack my coupons, bust out competitor coupons and double my coupons to walk away with killer deals!

For instance, on Sunday, I went to Fry's and bought $54.00 worth of groceries and after sales and coupons I only paid $13.00! And most of it was organic! It's a start!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I don't save as much as conventional eaters/shoppers, but I can find ways to save too. It's often on things like diapers, toilet paper, etc. Here is a site to keep an eye on: http://savingnaturally.com/

(Hopefully above makes sense. I'm almost falling asleep. Goodnight!)

"Intentionally Katie" said...

(*beaming with pride*)

No one believes me that you can save money on anything other than Rice a Roni and Toaster Strudels. I save big and still eat healthy!!!