Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts: Apples, Garage Sales & Oh, My Spinning Head

randomtuesday

We went apple picking and I now have 10lbs of apples in my refrigerator. Ten pounds of apples may not look like a lot in a dilapidated old wheelbarrow, but in my tiny refrigerator it looks like I brought home the whole orchard.

In the past three days we have eaten apples baked, cobblered, with the skin, without the skin, with peanut butter and topped with ice cream. Next I am making apple strudel muffins. By the time I am done with 10 lbs of apples I may not even want to see another apple again in my life. Although I must admit those baked apples with ice cream where de-lish.

I am doing a community garage sale on Saturday and hoping to clear out a ton of junk from our house. It has my head spinning and I almost feel like my time is worth more than the $.50 that I may get for the clock that I saw at Walmart for $5.00 new. Although I am sure the buyer will try and bargain me down to $.25. And if that's the case and $.25 is going to break your budget, then just take the dang thing.

October has been a super busy month for me leaving me with little spare time (so notice I am using that precious time to blog). It got me thinking of all the working mothers out there. How do you do it? All that I have to do in a day which inevitably spills over to the weekends I could NEVER get done in non-business hours.

My 30-day Love Challenge is going okay. It's hard, let me tell you. I have missed a few days here and there just cause life has gotten in the way. But, for the most part I have stuck to my schedule and I am more than half-way through. Yay me!

Kaiden had his first soccer game last Saturday. Oh. My. Goodness. It was as hilarious as I expected. But he LOVED it. And even though he played most of the game, which meant he stood on the field and had to be reminded that you actually have to run after the ball instead of just stand there, he made sure to declare to his daddy that, "I'm a really good soccer player, Daddy." Modesty has never been his strong suit.

I have been getting to the gym pretty regularly these days. And using my new iPod that I got last year for Christmas. How did I ever work out without it? I am still not sure why hubs thought I was joking when I asked him to load Backstreet Boys, N Sync & Pearl Jam on there, though.

While leggings are a very comfortable option, I am still not so sure about the trend coming back in style. Admittedly I bought a pair a week or so ago at Target with a really cute 3/4 sleeve cow neck sweater. I tried it on the other day in hopes of convincing myself that it's okay to "go there" again. I'm not quite convinced yet. Thankfully the temps are still in the 80's/90's here so I have a few weeks until it become appropriate apparel.

Until next time...

No comments: