Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Kaiden's 3rd Birthday

Kaiden's 3rd birthday seemed to be a success. He has been wanting a bike (which he now calls his "Good Boy Bike") for some time now. We figured it was time to upgrade from the little tricycle and pass that on to Madelyn and get Kaiden a new bike.

Here he is the morning of his birthday riding his new bike at the park.

Kaiden has also been so into guitars and musical instruments that we told Grandma Mary to get him one for his birthday. It was a hit as well...

and also with Madelyn.

Because we were going out to dinner I didn't want to have to rush cake when we returned home and were trying to get the kids to bed. So, we did cake for lunch. I used this recipe and made my own vanilla icing and oh my....it was good! Blowing out the candles!

We went to Maggiano's for dinner. We usually are loyal to Olive Garden since it is kid friendly, consistently good, well priced, and the kids will eat well there. I decided to get a little fancier and, honestly, it was a mistake. I guess I had these fantasies of all sitting around the table reminiscing about Kaiden's day and the past 3 years, blah, blah, blah. I was more like an octopus trying to grab things out of the way, feed the kids, shovel food in my mouth when possible, keep the kids from getting down from the table....Next time we will stick to what we know best. But the food was GOOD none-the-less.

Cheese! (and pasta!)


Mommy makes a rare appearance in a picture with the birthday boy
Driving home to go to bed!
Happy Birthday buddy! Here's to a great year!

1 comment:

Kaye said...

Very cute pics. Sorry the dinner didn't go as planned, but I'm glad the rest of the festivities went well.