Wednesday, August 25, 2010

There's Officially Nothing Left to Fight About

I knew the day would come where I would constantly be breaking up fights, hear the words, "she's touching me," or "she's staring at me" over and over again. But really, no one prepared me for this:

Kaiden: (singing in the backseat of the car) "LaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa."
Madelyn: (Quickly joining in. Bless her little almost-15-month-old heart) "LaLaLaLaLaLa."
Kaiden: (promptly glancing at Madelyn) "No baby. Dat's my La La."
Madelyn: "LaLaLaLaLaLaLa."
Kaiden: "Nooooo....that's MY La La, baby.

5 minutes later...

Kaiden: "MeMeMeMeMe"
Madelyn: "MeMeMeMeMe."
Kaiden: "Nooooo, dat's my MeMeMeMeMe."

There may not be enough patience in the universe to help me survive each day.

3 comments:

Mee'ma said...

"dats pwiceless!"

P.S. Make sure these annoying??/
comical & memorable!! incidents
get written in their baby books...

you think you'll remember, BUT you
won't.....unless, they're written down!

Kaye said...

That's seriously funny. I know it isn't in the moment, but it is to outsiders and one day...it will be to you too. =)

I know my kids will fight one day, but I told my mom a few days ago that as much as they love each other and play so well together now, I really am having a hard time imagining them fighting. I know it will happen, but it is hard to picture right now!

Tracey said...

Kaye-
Fortunately for me I have been able to find the humor in most things. After I stopped myself from being annoyed over the fighting over rediculous things I actually laughed about it!
Just yesterday Madelyn was saying, "Mama! Mama!" and Kaiden came back with, "No dat's my Mama!" I guess he is just getting over-possessive of everything!
Oh these kids...
Here's hoping that you won't have to wear your referee hat anytime soon!