Friday, August 20, 2010

Pennsylvania Trip

It's been about two weeks since we returned to AZ from PA. My laptop has been doing something funky which isn't allowing me to upload pictures to Blogger or any other site for that matter. Being the techy gal that I am my solution of cussing at the stupid thing and turning it off and back on 100 times still has me sitting here wondering why that didn't do the trick. Isn't that the solution to any computer problem? Anyways, I finally decided to load all my 847 pictures onto hubs desktop and quit fighting the never ending battle with my laptop.

So we had an AMAZING time in Pennsylvania. It was so nice to get out of the ridiculously hot temps of Phoenix to where the weather actually cools down at night. And the breeze that blows in your face is actually refreshing rather than feeling like you've opened a hot oven door and stuck your head inside. We were so active everyday that the month slipped on by without us realizing it. Here's a glimpse of some of the fun that was had while we were there.

We started out swimming in a blow up baby pool before hitting the BIG pool.


We wore P-pa's hat on our head
We helped P-pa dig a ditch

Before going to PA I had hopes of taking the kids to the beach since it is only a 2-3 hour drive. But that dream was quickly squashed by the thoughts of not having a place to go back to in order to take naps, get cleaned off, etc. I was talking to my friend Maureen (who's mom owns a beach house in Bethany Beach, DE) one day while she was driving down to Bethany. She said to me, "come on down and stay with us. There is plenty of room!" So, we borrowed my parents car and drove down for three days. It was perfect and the kids LOVED the beach! Kaiden kept wanting to jump in the water as the waves slammed onto shore. I can't wait to take them back sometime! Thanks Maureen!

We went with P-Pa to a Phillies game!

We played at the playground

We went to the Kimberton fair! I remember going as a kid and teenager every year. It hasn't changed a bit and people still wait in line for their donuts! Kaiden actually went on a few rides with Mommy! I was so proud that his adventurous side is coming out.

We saw the cows, pigs, sheep, ducks and chickens at Milky Way Farms. We may or may not have had some of their delicious ice cream too!

We caught fireflies with P-Pa

We sat in a rocking chair that was Mommy's when she was little.
We visited with Great Mom-Mom Powers and attempted (very unsuccessfully) to get a group shot with Mom-Mom and P-pa.

We played at the Smith House in Philadelphia. *Note: If you live in the Philly area, go check out this place. Although it was raining and we didn't get to go on the playground, it looks amazing. Our kids had fun inside too!


We went to the Philadelphia Zoo with Mommy's Uncle Dave.

We met up with Kaiden's girlfriend, McKenna.


We had breakfast at the counter every morning.


And looked cute!
And we swam with P-Pa almost everyday in the big pool! Can't wait to go back again next year for more fun-filled adventures in Pennsylvania!

No comments: