Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thankful Thursday


Welcome to Thursday everyone. We are one day closer to the weekend. Honestly, I don't know if "weekends" really apply to me anymore since I became a SAHM. No day is a "weekend" when you work 24/7. No breaks, no sleeping in, no mercy. But regardless, we are excited that we are one step closer to Saturday when we get to take the kids to see "Elmo and Friends Live." And if my 20-year-old self ever knew I would use the words "excited" and "Elmo" together in the same sentence I surely would have drown myself in a fog of cheap hairspray and bad tequila right then and there. Oh, how life has changed.

It's been an interesting week here at our house. After many years of contemplating the idea of going into business of his own, hubs finally made the plunge. Monday he resigned from his "corporate" job and opened up his new business. It's all so exciting for him. And while I am not one that likes change, and wouldn't call myself the adventurous type, I am looking forward to his new endeavor. It has brought on every emotion possible just getting ready for the big transition. But it has also taught me to really just let go, trust that all will be okay and enjoy the ride. If anyone can make it in their own business it would be hubs. He has this overwhelming drive and determination that will make him successful.

So this week I am thankful for a mish-mosh of things:
  • Hub's entrepreneurial spirit.
  • A/C. It's approximately 210 degrees outside in the AZ summer sun. And, no, I'm not exaggerating.
  • My mom's group. It's soooo nice to vent to other moms that are going through the same things that I am going through with our kids.
  • Pedicures. Even if I feel like I look a mess everywhere else, at least my toes look good.
  • My cleaning peeps. Oh. My. Goodness. They are wonderful. We only have them come once a month but it makes a world of difference to know that my house gets a total disinfection then. I "try" to keep up with the bathrooms and kitchen (at least) in between, but have I mentioned how chaotic my life feels right now?

What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

Allison said...

Good luck on the job change. We're doing the opposite over here. After 4 years, Tony is shutting down his own business and looking to return to the corporate world. It's just too tough to keep his business going in this economy. I wish you guys great success. Starting your own business is tough and quite the leap of faith at times. :-)

Denise said...

Nice thankful list.