Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thankful Thursday

In my attempts at an "attitude overhaul" that I previously spoke about, I am going back to writing my Thankful Thursday posts. Because, after all, I did make up our Family Rules and, after all, the final rule was "Thank God everyday for what we have." And if I'm not following the rules then shame on me.

I will say that in the past week since posting my rules, praying for patience, strength and for God to change my heart I have felt an overwhelming peace inside myself. Like I have found some calm amongst the storm. And storms they have been a blowing! Even if this peace is temporary, it's nice to know it's there. It's nice to know it's possible.

Today I am thankful for three simple things:
  • Hubs. His hard work and devotion to his family is amazing! Everything he does is done in love.
  • Two incredibly super cool kids. They may drive me to the brink of insanity most days, but they make me want to be a better mom.

What are you thankful for today?

7 comments:

Denise said...

Fantastic blessings.

Cranberry Morning said...

I am thankful that there are young women like you who appreciate their husband. Blessings on your family!

Whidbey Woman said...

Enjoy Father's Day weekend :)

Karen said...

Sweet post!

Serendipity said...

How blessed you are to have such a wonderful family!

Yo Mama said...

Amen!

Katie said...

Love it Tracey. You are doing a great job with the attitude overhaul. I know it's hard! It continues to be hard! I just look forward to the moments when I am not yelling or stressed and my boys say or do something sweet. Document it all in this blog. Because soon they will just be memories... and you'd wish you had them back home driving you nuts again. I am in the trenches with you girlfriend!!!

I am thankful for extra strength advil, red wine, babysitters, and my comfy bed. Yep... it's been that kind of week. Maybe I'll be more sentimental in a few days after the frustration subsides. :)