Friday, January 8, 2010

Pecan Encrusted Salmon

I am always on the look out for new, delicious, healthy, QUICK dinners. I made Pecan Encrusted Salmon last night (as I have so many times before) and thought I would share as it is really super quick, yet super delish. I buy frozen salmon steaks that are individually wrapped at Costco. I can just pull a few the day before and put them in the fridge to thaw out.

Ingredients:
Dijon mustard
Honey
Chopped pecans (or walnuts for a different flavor)

Directions:
Mix equal parts of Dijon mustard and honey together in a bowl (approximately 3-5 Tbsp. Depending on how many steaks you are making you may need more) I eyeball it and keep mixing until I get it tasting more honey then Dijon. Brush mustard/honey mixture on top of salmon. Chop up pecans (or I have used chopped walnuts as well and sprinkle on top of salmon. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes (depending on the thickness of the salmon) or until salmon is cooked all the way through. Viola!

No comments: