Sunday, November 1, 2009

Back to Reality

So I am back from a month long excursion to my old stomping grounds. Otherwise known as Phoenixville, PA. And let me just start out by saying (if I may pat myself on the back a bit) I traveled home all by myself. On a 5 hour flight. With a 2 year old. And a 4 month old. Yep. I must have been totally off my rocker to agree to that, but we survived it none-the-less.

Anywho, we had a lovely time with G-Ma and G-Pa. We were able to do all the Fall activities that I remember doing as a little tike. Jumping in the leaves, taking a hayride to the pumpkin patch, getting homemade ice cream at the local farm, taking long walks, snuggling up on the couch when it rains for days upon days instead of just minutes like here in Phoenix. Yep. We did it all.

It has been a little over a year since we have been back to Pennsylvania. So, it was wonderful to spend so much time there and get to see a bunch of family and friends. Kaiden didn't remember them from last year (since he was only 7 months old when we were there) and almost everyone hadn't had a chance to meet little Miss Madelyn yet. Besides, most of my friends have gone on to have their first or second kiddos which I hadn't had a chance to meet. I can't even begin to express how wonderful it was for all my friends and relatives to go out of their way to come and see us while we were there. It was like no time had gone by and we just picked up right where we left off.

We also got the chance to celebrate Kaiden's 2nd birthday. I know, right?!?!? He's two! Just yesterday he was learning to walk at his 1st birthday party and now he is running and jumping and talking and getting into everything!

Here we are singing "Happy Birthday" to Kaiden
video
And blowing out the candles...
video

Daddy and Kaiden at the Camden, NJ Aquarium
Playing in the leaves with Grandpa
Visiting the pumpkin patch


Kaiden and his buddy, Jack, at Elmwood Park Zoo

Tummy time

Madelyn meeting her cuz'n, Noah, for the first time and visiting with Trish
Meeting up with High School friends and their kiddos
Madelyn @ four months old. I mean, honestly, can you get any cuter than this?


Thanks to everyone that I got to see. And thanks Grandma and Grandpa for putting up with us for so long! Now back to reality!

4 comments:

Kaye said...

Great pictures. Glad you had a good time. And yes...that last pic of her is truly adorable!

chandy said...

Welcome home!

I'm sure you'll have quite the adjustment period now, getting back into your normal routine.

G-ma said...

We can't stand the quiet since you all left...come back!
Kaiden is the most affectionate child & I loved every second of it.
I just fell head over heels in love with Madelyn...I hope she remembers G-ma & G-pa @Christmas!
Loved having "my baby" home again Trixie Leigh....you're the best Mommy!

Liz said...

Nice, I made it onto the blog! Great pictures, love them!