So, last night, when I should be soundly sleeping in between feedings, I was wide awake. Yep. Thinking about random things. And of course, instead of getting up and blogging right then and there to get them off my chest, I laid there. Awake. Then it was time for the next feeding. Ugh. I hate nights like that.
Anyhoots, here are some of the randomness that was going on in my head:
- Yesterday I ate a cupcake when I should be watching what I eat. Okay, since I am confessing and all, I actually had two. With chocolate icing and sprinkles on top. And if I really want to get honest here, I had two the day before too. Then I had chocolate milk around dinner time. Oh, and a piece of Ghiradelli chocolate for dessert. And I wonder why I couldn't sleep last night?
- On the east coast we called them jimmies. Not sprinkles. I think the first time I went to get ice cream out here in the desert and ordered "jimmies" the guy at the ice cream parlor looked at me like I had two head and said, "Umm, excuse me?"
- I am not a huge fan of the infant stage. I am realizing that. If babies could come out about 6 months old, sleeping through the night, ready to crawl with a full-on grill, dude, I'd consider having a small litter. Until then, notsomuch. I think I am done having babies.
- Ask me in about a year, right around the time I get the "baby itch" and I may have a different answer.
- That said, I think that I have the two most amazing children. Ever. I'm blessed.
- This flippin' heat makes me miserable. I really hate to harp on the Phoenix summers, but for. the. love. It really makes me irritable. Even I don't feel like being around me in the summer.
- My belly button looks really weird now after having babies. I used to have a cute belly button. All small and dainty. Now it has taken on a crater-like existence on my stomach. Ho hum. At least I don't have stretch marks, I guess.
- I am making chicken enchiladas for dinner. Then tomorrow night I am having Lasagna rolls. Yum-O.
- Kaiden started this screaming type behavior when he is frustrated or not getting attention. This has thrown me into the actual "parenting" phase with him as I have to start implementing some real discipline. Time outs could be a regular occurrence around here.
Okay. Now that I got that all off my chest, I am hoping that I can sleep soundly tonight. After I take 2 hours to get Maddey to bed. And watch SYTYCD. Wish me luck.