Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Newest Treasure

I am so excited about getting the mail today. I know...it's the simple things in life that keep me going, eh?!

No really. For my birthday this year hubs bought me a pearl necklace. It was a beautiful necklace that would have looked just lovely on my neck when we actually got a chance to go out for an evening amongst adults. But, being the fashion disaster that I am, and rarely getting a chance to dress up these days I told him that I would rather him spend the money on something that I would get a lot of use out of and had sentimental meaning to me. I had a seen a gal that had a hand stamped necklace with her kiddos names on it earlier in the year and knew that once we had our little Madelyn then I would be itching for one as well.

I mentioned this to a friend of mine and she forwarded me Amanda, of Queen Bee Designs, name and blog site to check out. She had ordered a necklace for her mother and was very pleased. After visiting her site and comparing her to a bunch of others, I decided to order a necklace from her. Her worked looked good and her prices were extremely reasonable compared to some others out there.

Well, today I opened my mailbox and there was my necklace! I opened it up and was so pleasantly surprised to find a beautiful piece to wear! Here is the finished product. I am more than pleased and will be wearing this for years to come.



This picture doesn't fully give it the justice it deserves, but if you are looking for something special for a friend, grandmother, or even to spoil yourself, check out Amanda's blog site for more pieces that she offers.

4 comments:

Melissa Darby said...

I have a very similar necklace, it must be from the same person. Love it!!

Kaye said...

Simply beautiful! I can see why you'll be proud to wear it.

UR MOMMY said...

Would make a lovely gift
for "Grandma's" too!!!!!!

I am Amanda, I am the Queen Bee said...

Hello there! I am the Amanda you have mentioned. I took a look at my sitemeter today and followed a couple of the "referring" links and found you! I am THRILLED to hear you love your design! I truly do like making each and every one! Enjoy and thanks for blogging about me and my little business!

Amanda
Queen Bee Designs by Amanda