Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Cleaning On A Weekly Schedule

I had an epiphany last week. After trying to think of every way that I could "lure" this baby out of me, and to curb heavy "nesting" urges, I decided that I need to try cleaning my house. But, much to my dismay, I found that I only had the energy to focus on one cleaning project at a time. Turns out that I discovered this may work out in my favor and allow me the ease of cleaning my house at a leisurely pace each week without spending a whole day doing it. There have been many times in the past that I would get to a point when I knew this house needed a thorough cleaning and just cringing at the fact that it may take me a whole day or more to complete that task. Also, with a new baby on the way and a toddler that seems be going 24/7 I know that I need a plan to keep this house tidy and clean in a small amount of time.

So, here is my new cleaning schedule. Hopefully I will be able to stick to it:

Monday-Kitchen. Scrub the sink, wipe down the inside/outside of the refrigerator, dishwasher, oven and microwave, and clean the granite and cook-top.
Tuesday-Dust all furniture, TV's and computer.
Wednesday-Bathrooms. Clean sinks, toilets and showers/tubs and Windex mirrors.
Thursday-Vacuum and mop floors
Friday-Free day to do anything that was overlooked or spot clean anything that has gotten dirty since cleaning earlier in the week.

Laundry is an ever-going-on process in my house. I typically throw a load in here and there to keep up with it and don't have any specific day that I do laundry. I try to keep the clothes piles down during the week and only have to worry about doing sheets and towels at some point on the weekend.

I believe this new schedule will save me time and energy each week. As I have already noticed I can get a project done in a small amount of time (usually during Kaiden's nap) and usually have time left over for me to catch up on emails, blogging, phone calls, etc, without wasting a whole day trying to fit in cleaning the house.

Wish me luck and happy cleaning in your house!

2 comments:

OMG Sister Jan said...

I like your schedule, Tracey. I think it might just work...until...wahhhh wahhhh...I can tell that you are very organized!

Allison said...

That's a great plan. I stuggle with doing it a little each day and feeling like it's never done or doing it all at once, wearing myself out while enjoying it done all at once. Keep us posted on how it works for you. I may just try making a daily plan again. Thanks for the inspiration.