Friday, May 8, 2009

Slacker Say "What?"

Go ahead. Call me a slacker. Just not to my face, please.

Man, has it really been that long since I provided you all with my most intimate thoughts here on blog diggity? Sorry to say that I really have had a lot to blog about, but let me tell you that every time I actually make an attempt to type my thoughts I am overwhelmed with feelings of pure and utter exhaustion and can't even bring myself to muster up the energy to actually type anything that isn't nonsensical bibble babble.

So I guess to spare you a novel here I will do another bullet point random post.
  • I am 34 weeks and 2 days pregnant today. Can I just say that I feel every day of this pregnancy. Last night our little princess kept kicking me in my pelvis. And hard too. At one point I actually yelled "Owwww!" out loud cause it hurt so bad. But my OB said that, again, I can increase my activity a bit more. No more cervical changes this week. And she isn't going to do any more Fetal Fibronectin's cause once I get to 36 weeks she could care less if I went into labor. Well, not that she doesn't care, but you get the point. All the milestones will be hit then she is free to grace us with her presence at any time.
  • Kaiden is starting to really say some actual words now. There was a period when the nurse that visits us to track his development was concerned that he wasn't saying anything....except a bunch of babble. We even had a speech therapist out to the house for an evaluation since he wasn't even saying Mama/Dada at 16 months. But within the past two weeks he started coming out with "Hi Mama/Daddy," "Bye Mommy/Daddy," "Elmo," "Car," "Baby," and even makes the sound for "uh oh" when he drops something. It is so funny to see him change so much in such a short period of time. Precious.
  • Can I just tell you how hot it is here? It's hot. There. That's the last you will hear me say anything about it. Until, of course, it reaches 120 and we are stuck in our home like prisoners with a rambunctious toddler and newborn. Then I may have to whine about it a bit more.
  • I have decided that the cookies at Paradise Bakery must be a little piece of heaven here on earth. I mean, seriously people, can a cookie get any better than that? And what makes it even better is that they give it to you for FREE every time you get a meal. I just want to bathe in a tubful of their chocolate chip cookies. I think I deserve it.
  • I just checked my FEEDJIT and someone from NY actually found my blog by googling, "16 year old boobs grew enormous overnight." Well NY, congratulations on that. It took me 31 years to see that happen. And, unfortunately, they won't stay around for much longer as after this pregnancy they will likely deflate back to the size of peas. Thankyouverymuch.
  • My husband sent me 18 red roses yesterday for Mother's Day. It was so sweet. They came with a box of chocolates too. But since it is 100 degrees here now the chocolates were all melted all over the box. Don't think that I didn't call them right up and tell them that they needed to send out a new box of chocolates. Cause I totally did. They should be here soon. And they better not be melted again, cause I will totally call back and request another!

Well, I am going to take a nap while I have a chance. I promise that I won't take this long of a break again. Hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Melissa Darby said...

Totally agree about Paradise bakery cookies, they are amazing. I went through a phase after I had Morgan where we were buying by the dozen, we had to put a stop to that!!

Katie @ 3 Blondes and a Redhead said...

Do you know what's better than Paradise Bakery cookies? HOT OUT OF THE OVEN Paradise Bakery cookies. We went last week and after our meal, I went to get a dozen that my neighbor requested. They were OUT. Totally ran out, so I had to wait 10-15 minutes. No big deal until they made me wait ANOTHER 10-15 mintues for them to cool. By this time, they promised to give me an extra dozen and didn't charge me a PENNY for the 2 dozen hot, falling apart, ooey gooey goodness in the boxes.

I have never experienced anything like a PB cookie fresh out of the oven. You wanna talk about HEAVEN?!?!?