Saturday, May 23, 2009

Pregnancy Update: Week 36

Here we are. We hit the big goal! 36 weeks. From here on out it is just a waiting game as to when this little pumpkin wants to grace us with her presence.

My last OB appointment on Thursday I found that I was 2-3cm dilated and still 50% effaced. She also said she could feel kiddos head right there. And yes, I would believe her since she feels, at times, that she is just going to fall right out of me. So, gosh, that could mean that delivery is a few days away or I could go for another couple weeks. It's always such a guessing game, eh?

I have been back to regular activity for a week or so now. I am definitely slower, but I welcome the chance to get up and walk, sit up and, dare I even say, clean. I never thought I would miss cleaning. In fact, one day I spend the entire day clearing out two junk drawers, organizing my closet and doing laundry. Yes, I was EXHAUSTED by the end of the day, but I had reached such a euphoric state from cleaning and organizing that it made it all worth it.

I have been having some contractions. Of course, mostly at night when I am trying to get some much needed shut eye. But they don't last more than 2-3 hours and are still very irregular. Usually when I get up to move around or drink a few glasses of water they go away. So, I think by that, we are going to be looking at a delivery date sooner than later. I hope sooner, as I am not quite sure how much more my skin will stretch.
Here I am at 36 weeks preggo...
I am pleased to announce that hubs and I finally agreed on a name. Ironically enough, it is the name that we have both liked pretty much since we found out that we were pregnant with a little girl. So that is a huge relief!

Stay tuned for the arrival of our little princess!

3 comments:

Melissa Darby said...

You are tiny!! I was a house by this time!

Allison said...

I agree, you are TINY! I have some pretty frightening pictures of me at the end of my pregnancies. I am so excited for you to have made it this far. Good job toughing out your bedrest. Very soon you will get to welcome a healthy baby girl into your family.

lizspin said...

You look great! Best of luck to you. . . can't wait to hear from you when the baby is born!