Friday, April 24, 2009

Pregnancy Update: Week 32

I can't even believe that I have actually made it to 32 weeks. The past couple of weeks have been somewhat of a nail biter, but all in all I am feeling good. Even though I turned 32 weeks on Wednesday I wanted to wait until today to post after I got all the news back from my OB and the testing.

Each week has brought pretty good news from my OB. So far I have not had any additional cervical changes and all my Fetal Fibronectin's have been negative. Today was the "big day" when I found out, officially, that I can increase my activity a bit and be able to get up and about for a few hours per day. I did that today, and I must say that a few hours is all I can even handle at this point. Having been in bed for so long I seem to get light headed and weak after only a short period of activity. So, week by week, as long as we continue on this path she will let me do more and more until 35 weeks when she says I can pretty much resume normal activity as I will be far along enough that the baby will have met all of the major milestones.

My Dad arrived last week and has been a huge blessing! Kaiden has kept him super busy and I get the feeling that is a little more work then he originally thought. No one truly understands what it means to have the "job" of being a stay-at-home parent until they are actually thrown into it.

I have graduated from using 3 pillows at night to 4. One for my head. One body pillow on one side, another at my back and one to hug. I still wonder how hubs finds room in the bed. Sorry honey! Even with all those pillows there are many nights I find myself tossing and turning trying to find a comfortable position. Ugh. I am not used to being this pregnant!

As of last Thursday I still weighed in at 144 lbs. This has been the same for the past 4 weeks. So, doc said, "Eat. More." Not that I haven't been eating, I guess I just have never been a huge eater. Especially now when I feel like I get full so much quicker. But since then, I think I have had ice cream almost every other night. With whipped cream. And chocolate sauce. And cherries. Yum. I think I will have some right now. It seems to have paid off since yesterday I weighed in at 146 lbs. Thanks Ben. Thanks Jerry. Doc was proud of me.


So all in all we just keep going on this path and see how much further it leads us.


Here I am at 32 weeks preggo. Don't mind my ugliness. That's what happens when you can't do anything to yourself except jump in for a quick shower.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

You're adorable! I'm so happy that you made it to 32 weeks - I know that is a big one and must be a huge relief. Thanks for the update!

Allison said...

If it's any sort of comfort, I don't know of any women who sleep comfortably at 32 weeks. I used to sleep with a body pillow on each side of me and a regular pillow for my head. You do what you have to do.

Congratulations on making it to 32 weeks. That's wonderful. You've almost made it. When is your due date? Maybe we can squeeze a Bunco in for you before she arrives and after you get off bedrest. :-)

Notwifezilla- Jackie said...

You look great! Congrats on making it to 32!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Oh by the way I am glad I stumbled across your blog.

I wanted to invite you to a message board for moms.
http://www.chatterscene.com

Amuletica said...

What ugliness? You look beautiful! Glowing and healthy.

Missy said...

Hi Tracey,

Have you tried the snoogle pillow? I use it and love it. It is a long skinny C shaped body pillow that you can twist and turn. It's helped me sleep. Congrats on getting to 32 weeks! You look great!
Missy