Friday, April 3, 2009

One Week Down...

Basically this bed rest thing has me at a loss for an exciting topic to blog about and has me blogging about nothing except me on bed rest. Cause, let's face it, what is exciting when you are on bed rest?

Let me just start by saying that it is B-O-R-I-N-G. Boring with a capital "B." Oh my goodness. But in order get through this I have to find the positives in it at some point. So, even though I am bored out of my mind and even though I would probably rather jab my eyeballs out with a dull knife then lay here all day, I will say that it is far better then me being in the hospital on bed rest. At least I have my own shower, toilet, bed and couch. Oh, and food. At least I can watch a movie, surf the Internet, and open the windows for some fresh air. I joked with my OB this morning that I am trying to find all the positives about doing "nothing" all day long. I told her that this may be the one and only time for the next 18 years that I will have this much "me" time, so I better enjoy it while I can.

So our schedule seems to be in order and the week went surprisingly smooth. Our dear friend has been so kindly watching Kaiden in the mornings for us. She either picks him up here at the house, or hubs drops him off in the morning. He plays there for a few hours and she drops him back off here at home by 12:30 all fed, changed, exhausted and ready for a nap. She puts him down and he dozes off for the next 2-3 hours giving me time to reluctantly find my way back to bed for the afternoon. Hubs usually makes it home by 3:00. Just in time to get changed, relax with me for 5 minutes then get Kaiden up from his nap.

This schedule has really worked out well for us. And due to our friend's financial situation it gives her a chance to make a few extra bucks on the side while we have the comfort of knowing he is great hands. It's been a blessing.

My Dad, however, was forced into retirement a few months early due to the lack of work in his field. So, fortunately for us, he has booked a one way ticket to come and stay with us for as long as we need him. He will be arriving the Tuesday after Easter. This will be a HUGE help to us and Kaiden will just LOVE having Grandpa around to play with.

I am really proud of the way hubs has been handling this new load of responisibility. He has really stepped up to the plate to take on the extra work. I know he has so much stress at work and the pressure of providing for his family, but he comes home every day with a smile on his face ready to take on the task of being both Mommy and Daddy. Making breakfast, lunches, dinners. Feeding, changing, bathing and putting Kaiden to bed. Keeping the house picked up and organized. All while he is working on top of it. It's a lot for him. I recognize that. But we both know this is temporary and we can get through it!

My OB appointment today is considered a success since my cervix hasn't changed any since last week. She is going to order another ultrasound just to make sure little princess is growing properly. She indicated that I am measuring the same as last week, so just to be sure, she wants the ultrasound. So, the goal is to make it another week without any cervical changes, no contractions and stay pregnant!

2 comments:

Katie @ 3 Blondes and a Redhead said...

I so feel you. And I'm not even ON bedrest, but I feel like all I do is lay around feeling sick. I'm so over it. Bored. Out. Of. My. Mind.

Michelle said...

I remember being on bedrest for 21 weeks with #2. If you ever need to talk...
THank you for stopping by and commenting on my sisters new blog
http://thedevilwearspastry.blogspot.com
I really appreciate it!