Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cheesesteaks, Sickies and Ballroom Dancing: Random Tuesday Thoughts

I have been MIA from the blogging world for the past week. But, believe me, I have had a hell of an excuse. So, I am over it and ready to randomize my thoughts.
  • My goal for next year is to make it on Dancing With The Stars. I heart that show. I mean, come on, if they took that guy from "Jackass" and deemed him a "celebrity" then they will certainly take lil ole me. Right? I basically just want to get on there long enough to learn the Ramba. That dance is so sexy, eh?
  • Kaiden has been recovering from the flu and an ear infection which started last week. He started running a low grade fever last Monday. It finally got bad enough and hubs took him to the doc on Wednesday. Actually his fever just broke yesterday afternoon. It was awful. I seriously thought that we were gonna have to run to the hospital if it didn't go away. But today he seems to be almost back to his old self. And guess what? He managed to get mama sick in the process. Thanks buddy. I owe ya one. Good thing is that I am starting to feel a lot better today. Minus this nasty cough that is hovering in my chest.
  • I got another clear from the OB on Friday. No cervical changes and a negative FFN. I just have to make it 2 more weeks with no changes and she said she would increase my activity a bit. Fingers crossed. Cause mama needs to get movin'. This lying around all. day. long. is for the birds.
  • My Dad is flying in from PA tonight. Reinforcements are finally coming and it couldn't come at a better time! I am sure Kaiden will love having G-pa here. And I hope he did his cardio before he gets here cause he is going to be busy, busy, busy.
  • After I have this baby and hopefully can make it back into my size 4's within 3 months (what? If the Hollywood stars can do it, so can I. Right?) then I want to go on "What Not To Wear." After watching every episode at least 10 times each I am fully convinced that I am "fashionably challenged." Stacy and Clinton, come save me. Oh, and bring me your $5000.
  • I totally want to eat a Philly Cheesesteak. The other night I was watching a show on the Food Network or Travel Channel (I can't remember which) that focused on the "best places to get a steak" and they featured Philadelphia's own Geno's and Pat's Steaks. Oh, Philly steak sandwich with Whiz, how I miss you....let me count the ways. Throw a Philly soft pretzel on the side, a Yuengling Lager to wash it down and a Tastykake for dessert and I am pretty sure that is what heaven serves for dinner every Friday night.
Okay...if you are looking for more randomness this fine Tuesday visit Keely at the Un Mom.

10 comments:

GreenJello said...

I love Latin dancing! The rumba is especially sexy... I've learned it, but hubby can't get it. Bummer.

Scribble Ink Cafe said...

hugs to you. i was on bed rest with one of mine. At least you're at home.

Notwifezilla- Jackie said...

I totally plan on having Bry nominate me for WNTW once I'm done having kiddos. I figure he OWES that to me.
You should have had your dad bring the cheesesteak on the plane w/you. I'll be happy to send you some tastykakes & Pretzels as a gift once baby girl is born.
Also, I think you may be able to qualify for DWTS if you use your title as "dogwood queen" to illustrate your celebrity!
Hang in there!

Monkey Blogger said...

It's a shame that Pat's and Geno's are real tourist traps. T-gel, you should know that.

For those reading this and looking for a good steak: Ishkabibble's on South Street is my choice.

and I see you're now following MY blog too! How cute!

Melissa Darby said...

I love Yeungling, I wish you could get it somewhere in this area, I would buy it in bulk

Otter Thomas said...

Your son is really cute and you made me hungry thinking about cheese steaks.

blueviolet@A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I'm afraid the only blogger that could get on Dancing with the Stars is dooce. :(

shopannies said...

I would never learn to dance

Keely said...

Uh, couldn't you just take regular dance lessons??

I dream of someone nominating me for WNTW. Although I don't think I'm THAT bad. But then, they ALL say that.

Katie said...

2 more weeks, hang in there.
Geez, I'm still trying to fit back into my jeans and my kid's almost a year. Maybe I should lay off the Easter candy.