Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pregnancy Update: Week 28

I've finally hit the final trimester. The final stretch. Let's hope that doesn't mean stretch marks. If you know what I mean. I didn't get any with Kaiden and my mom said she didn't get them. They say it runs in the family. If your mom had 'em, you can pretty much thank her for those genetics. So far I have been left untouched and I'd like to keep it that way if at all possible. Thankyouverymuch.

So, I can honestly say that I am one very uncomfortable mama. Miserable with a capital "M." Admittedly, I have not thoroughly enjoyed this pregnancy as much as I enjoyed being pregnant with Kaiden. Sue me. I am sure that has a lot to do with the fact that I am completely paranoid about everything this time around. Every movement, twinge, cramp, etc. Amongst the fact that chasing a 17 month old around the house while all I would rather do most days is relax with my feet up doesn't help. But, hey, whatcha gonna do?

My weekly appointments are going well. Last Friday my doc told me that the outside of my cervix has started to dialate. I didn't even know that was possible, but after I gave her a look of horror, she assured me that she wasn't that concerned about it. Apparently since I have had a baby before, and things have been stretched out before, it is common for that to happen with the weight of the baby pressing down. No need to worry at this point. I put my full trust in her.

My doctor also informed me that she doesn't expect me to go full term, given my history, but at this point just wants to get me farther along then I was with Kaiden. And as I am only a week away from that fateful day, I get more and more nervous that things could happen at any time, but also have a sense of relief that "at least" I have made it to the same point....any more is a bonus!

I have gained 15 pounds so far and weigh in at *cough* 145 pounds *cough* of pure butt, belly and boobs. I have been pretty on track with gaining a pound a week the past couple of appointments, so by the end I should settle into that 25-30 lb range that they like to see. Although, there is still a long way to go and a lot of ice cream to be had. So if a few more pounds creap on there by the end then I have two new friends to blame it on. Ben and Jerry.

My belly button has almost fully popped out. Quite honestly, I don't think the inside of my belly button has ever been cleaner.

I am getting that exhaustion back that I had in the first trimester. Ugh. About mid afternoon, once Kaiden goes down for his nap, all I can think about is a nap for myself. And I sleep...a good two hours sleep.

My face has miraculously begun to clear up on it's own. I am guessing those nasty hormones are now regulating themselves and not causing my face to "freak out." Thank goodness for that. Maybe now I won't be mistaken for a 13 year old going through puberty.

Food cravings have suddenly turned from Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips to chewy candy things. Like Mike and Ike's, gummy bears, gummy worms, JuJi Fruits, Swedish Fish, etc. It is rare that I don't have some in the house. Wait, no it isn't. Cause I usually finish off the box or bag by the time I get home from the store.

We finally got the nursery cleared out (with some cracking of the whip!) and need to finalize the decor in that room. I am hoping to find a really great crib/dresser that is slightly used so that we don't have to go out and buy a new one. So, if you live in Phoenix, and know anyone who is selling...let me know.

Without further adieu, here is a picture of me at 28 weeks preggo.Just kidding. But, HOLY COW, how would you like to be that pregnant?

Seriously, here I am at 28 weeks pregnant.

Well, not exactly. But that's how I feel most days.

Ok, I'll quit messing around. Here I am, for real, at 28 weeks preggo.

5 comments:

Trish said...

You are too cute. Sending best wishes for your home stretch.

Melissa Darby said...

You are tiny!!!

Tracy said...

You are perfectly beautiful! Glad things are progressing along well. My first pregnancy was miserable throughout, so I totally understand what you're saying. If I could have had an epidural throughout the whole third trimester, I would've done it! Praying all goes well and you have at least a few more weeks to go!

Katie said...

I looked at the first picture and was like, "Wow, that's gonna leave a mark!"
You look adorable, and basically weigh in your third trimester of pregnancy what I am all the time, so kudos to you -skinny bitch. ;)
Hang in there & keep well.

Notwifezilla- Jackie said...

You look great! Hang in there- the finish line is in sight. Hopefully you can get some sleep now.