Friday, March 27, 2009

And I Thought It Would Be Fun

Bed rest. I thought it might actually be fun. No having to run around. No having to cook or clean. No having to do laundry. Just lay around all day long and watch TV. Blog. Read. Sleep. Sounds like the ultimate dream, right?!?! I am afraid I may be mistaken.

So I went to my weekly OB appointment today and, you guessed it, I am now on bed rest. At least for the time being. She checked my cervix and my inner cervix has dilated 1/2 cm. So, she shuffled me off to the hospital to begin "plan B," as she so eloquently called it. The first of two steroid shots (which I will have to go back in 24 hours for the second. This will help develop the baby's lungs quicker) and she also wanted to have me monitored for contractions. I haven't felt any, but that doesn't mean that there wasn't something going on. So, away I went.

They hooked me up to measure the baby's heart rate and any contractions that I may be having. Thankfully, the nurse said she only saw one small contraction the whole time I was there. So, at least that is a good sign. They gave me my shot (I am starting to feel like a lab rat with all these shots) and away I went to begin my weekend in bed.

Doc did another Fetal Fibronectin while I was at the office and I will get those results back on Monday since she wants me back into the office for a follow up. Hopefully they are negative!!! She did say that depending on how my cervix continues to progress (or not) she may lift the bed rest restriction a bit, but at this point she is being extra careful since we are in that "red zone" of when I delivered Kaiden.

I have only been at home for a total of 2 hours and 45 minutes. In that time, hubs made me lunch and put Kaiden down for a nap. Then I headed straight to the bedroom, being the good patient that I am, to start my bed rest. I have a feeling that this isn't going to be as easy as I once thought. I already have had urges to get up to throw a load of laundry in, clean the hall bathroom and tidy up the toys. It's gonna be a long few weeks or as long as I can hold this kiddo in.

Pray for me. I may need some Divine Intervention to get through this!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracey...I have been praying and thinking of you since I found out. Now...stay in bed and REST! Chris will do a fabulous job taking care of Kaiden, you and everything else. Take care!

Love, Jan

Tracy said...

Praying for you and your family. Relax and forget the housework. Stick a good chick flick in and dream of days gone by with no dirty diapers or runny noses - then remember how wonderful these things really are because of what they represent. Blessings!

Katie @ 3 Blondes and a Redhead said...

I HEAR YOU! Although I've not been on bedrest, I've been sick in bed or on the couch for the last 2 weeks. I've been SO bored. So bored. So bored! And my kids have been tearing apart my house while it collects dust and filth...I'm so over this laying around "relaxing" thing.

Praying for you...

Notwifezilla- Jackie said...

Take care of yourself and let your hubby handle mommy duty for a while. Remember the next time you are up and running around you may be a mom to two!

Couzin Trish said...

Not fun. Not fun at all. We're thinking of you and hoping the Little Miss stays put for the long haul. Like others have mentioned, once she comes there isn't going to be much rest time so 'live it up' now! Sending hugs.