So anyways, our decision to go to Vegas was a brilliant plan, if I do say so myself, as we didn't have any rain to contend with like we would have in San Diego. The weather was sunny most of the time with a slightly colder temp. Nothing that a little jacket and gloves couldn't cure, though.
Instead of writing a super long post with everything that went on in "sin city," I figured it was better to point out highlights from our trip in bullet style. There are actually few random lessons I learned while in Vegas. Here is a short re-cap of our trip:
- Apparently there is no "recession" in Vegas. Unless people thought that being laid off gave them permission to try and win back their annual salary in the span of a weekend. The place was so crowded!
- Leland from the TV show "Dog the Bounty Hunter" is a lot shorter in person than on TV. We saw him twice at our hotel.
- $7.00 is way too much to pay for a glass of OJ. Considering I can get a gallon of it at Costco for $6.99.
- You can lose $50.00 at a craps table a whole lot easier (and faster) than you can win it.
- Beginner's luck does exist. Hubs came home with a whopping $300.00 that he won at the craps table. I taught him everything he knows. Fortunately for me, "what's his is mine and what's mine is mine" is a followed rule here in this house.
- Unfortunately, half of that 300 bucks will have to pay for the speeding ticket hubs got on the drive there.
- Barnum Bailey has it all wrong. Cirque du Soleil's show "O" is the "Greatest Show on Earth."
- The Palms Casino is a dump.
- When you are on a winning streak, sleep is so overrated.
- It's so worth paying the extra money to stay at the Bellagio then some crappier places that I have stayed at in the past.
- The guys and gals that try to give you the "girls to you 24 hours a day" cards that they pass out all. day. long. are really annoying.
- Some people have way too much freakin' money to blow.
- Mike Shannahan hangs out in Vegas after getting fired by the Broncos.
- The food in Vegas is amazing. Amazing.
So there you have it. Our trip in a nutshell. We can't wait to get another vacation all to ourselves. Unfortunately for us, once baby #2 comes along, that may be a little harder than we thought.