Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday



Thankful Thursday...I'm back!

This week I am going along with Iris over at Grace Alone and going to mention my sincere thankfulness for those little "everyday things" that we so often take for granted. We were actually just talking about this in our bible study this past Tuesday night. In our service this past weekend our pastor said that if we have a roof over our heads, food on the table, clothes on our back and $20.00 in our wallet then we are better off then 75% of the people in this world. Can you believe it? 75%. I was shocked. Shocked. Makes you stop and think, doesn't it? What the heck are we all complaining about?

This week I am thankful for:
  • The "luxury" of being able to eat 3 meals a day. Plus snacks...but who's counting?
  • A comfortable bed to sleep in every night with clean sheets and blankets.
  • A reliable car to get me from point A to B.
  • A husband who supports our family financially so I can stay at home with my son.
  • A beautiful home that keeps us warm.
  • The convenience of grocery stores. I don't have much of a green thumb so if I had to actually grow our food...forget it. We would probably starve.
  • Clean, fresh water that runs freely from my spicket.
  • Electricity.

So remember that we should count our blessings for the little things that we so often take for granted. Most people in this world don't have them.

Have a blessed Thankful Thursday!

4 comments:

LAURIE said...

I am reminded every time I get out the picture albums from our missions trips we have gone on just how blessed we are. Americans truly do not know how blessed they are in just the little things like running water, air condition, heat, plenty of food to eat and socks to wear. I loved how in your post you gave thanks for such things as these ... the little bu important things! Happy TT!

Laurie Ann said...

Oh, the little things we take for granted. They are truly great things, aren't they? Happy Thankful Thursday!

Debra said...

Tracey...blessed by your thankful heart, as always! Pray you are doing well, my friend.

Hugs to you!

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your grateful heart.