Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Bucket List

This past weekend hubs and I actually rented the movie "The Bucket List." It is a story of two men that are diagnosed with cancer. Their doctors give them 6 months to a year to live once they realize that the chemo treatments haven't worked. So they make this list of things that they want to do before they "kick the bucket." Although the movie isn't all that great, I thought the concept is good enough to considering replicating.

Today I found this list on Facebook and thought that I would participate. From here, I want to start a list of thing that I definitely want to do within my lifetime.

I am not necessarily going to tag anyone, but if you feel so inspired, feel free to copy and paste to your own blog. Instructions: Place an X by all the things you've done during your lifetime:

(x) Gone on a blind date. (And it's a good thing I never have to again, thankyouverymuch.)
(x) Skipped school. (Uh, my friends made me do it, Mom. Yea. That's it. My friends made me.)
( ) Watched someone die
( ) Been to Canada
(x) Been to Mexico. (And oh how I would love to go back. In fact, if I close my eyes hard enough I can even imagine myself there for a second.)
(x) Been to Florida. (Besides getting hitched there, I went to Disney when I was young. "The Happiest Place on Earth")
( ) Been to Hawaii
(x) Been on a plane
(x) Been lost. (Emotionally or physically? Whatever it is, I've been there.)
(x) Gone to Washington, DC
(x) Been to Amsterdam. (Oh, the things I saw in Amsterdam. Let's just say that it's not exactly a place for a "family vacation!")
(x) Cried yourself to sleep. (Pregnant much?)
(x) Played cops and robbers
(x) Recently colored with crayons (I color while Kaiden eats the crayons)
(x) Sang Karaoke. (but only after I was extremely drunk)
(x) Paid for a meal with coins only. (I was a college student once. I have paid for gas with coins too)
(x) Been to the top of the St. Louis Arch
(x) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't.
(x) Made prank phone calls. ("Hello. Is your refrigerator running?")
( ) Been down Bourbon Street in New Orleans
(x) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose & elsewhere. (Yea, and it burns!)
( ) Been busted for shoplifting
( ) Been almost killed by a train
(x) Written a letter to Santa Claus (In fact I think I just did this past Christmas.)
( ) Been to at least three continents
(x) Watched the sunrise with someone
(x) Blown bubbles using your own spit
(x) Gone ice-skating
(x) Been skinny dipping outdoors. (No comment)
(x) Eaten escargot
(x) Been deep sea fishing (On our honeymoon in Jamaica. Too bad our fish got away from us)
(x) Driven across the United States (From PA to AZ. Dang that was a long haul.)
(x) Been in a hot air balloon (I got hubs this as a gift for his birthday a few years ago. Glad we did it, but wouldn't do it again.)
( ) Been sky diving
(x) Gone snowmobiling
(x) Lived in more than one country. (I lived in England for a semester during college while studying abroad. Does that count?)
( ) Crashed hard enough to blow the airbags in your car
( ) Visited the Holocaust Museum
( ) Enjoyed the beauty of Olde Faithful Geyser
(x) Seen the Statue of Liberty
( ) Gone to the top of Seattle Space Needle
( ) Been on a cruise
(x) Traveled by train. (While studying in Europe, I got to travel for 2 weeks by train. AMAZING!)
( ) Traveled by motorcycle
(x) Been horse back riding
( ) Ridden on a San Francisco Trolley
(x) Been to Disneyland (Disney World)
(x)Truly believed in the power of prayer! (Amen!)
( ) Been to the top of an active volcano and seen hot lava
( ) Been in a rain forest
(x) Seen whales in the ocean
( ) Been to Niagara Falls
( ) Ridden on an elephant
( ) Swam with dolphins

No comments: