Monday, January 12, 2009

Superbowl, Here We Come

My Dearest "Filth"-adelphia Eagles,

I must first begin by fully admitting that I was skeptical of your ability to pull out another win over the Giants today that would land you in the last round of the playoffs. I must admit that when I heard rumors of this being McNabb and Reid's last year with the Eagles I secretly rejoiced. I must admit that I even turned off a few games before they were finished because you made me sick to my stomach to be a fan.

But today, my dear friends, I take it back. I take it all back. Yesterday I saw a passion in your eyes that I have never seen before. I saw a shiver of victory in your spine. Or maybe that was the shiver of 30 degree weather chilling your bones cause dang, it looked friggin' cold there. At any rate, you did it. You proved them all wrong. And for that, you make me proud to call myself a fan.

As you travel to the warmth of Arizona, just here in my backyard, don't fret. I won't go against my peeps. I will route for you. I will stand behind you. I will cheer you on. I will proudly wear my Eagles t-shirt in support. But, only if I can fit it over my fat belly.

Just don't screw it up.

All my love,
Tracey

3 comments:

MAMA BIRD said...

Hello T-belle,
Don't apologize....you're like every other E-A-G-L-E-S fan. We love them one minute & swear we'll never support them again, the next.
Their inconsistency & ability to "pull it off" when we least expect it.....makes them UNIQUE to say the least!

Wish we could watch the match-up of the "2 birds" together...

Melissa Darby said...

I have to say, as a die hard Cowboy fan, that I hope that you are disappointed this next weekend.
Also, if you plan a trip to the zoo, we would love to come Reagan had a great time

Katie said...

I have to simultaneously withold my gag reflex AND agree with Melissa. As a lifelong GIANTS fan, it pains me to agree with a Cowboys fan ;)