Friday, January 30, 2009

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice? OR Snips and Snails and Puppy dog's Tails?

I didn't get an ounce of sleep last night thinking and thinking about our ultrasound appointment today. I don't know why, I would have been happy with any news that we received, but for some reason it was keeping me up all night!

So I will spare you the long drawn out version and just give it to you straight.

We are blessed with a little GIRL!!!
(here's a rump shot and we see "nothing" between the legs)

Doc said everything looked great and that he couldn't see any abnormalities. The heart, spine and other organs looked fine. Placenta and umbilical cord were good. My cervical length is measuring at 3.5cm. They are looking for it to stay 2.5cm or above. I go back at 22 weeks and 24 weeks for additional measurements just to make sure that it stays the same.

Here is our wee little one posing for her first picture!

10 comments:

Dorsey said...

congrats on your sweet baby girl!!

Tracy said...

Congrats, Tracey, that's great! I love the pic of her face. I had 5 ultrasounds w/ Reagan and she never once showed her face! I'm very happy for your family and pray the rest of your pregnancy goes well. Blessings!

Notwifezilla- Jackie said...

Congratulations! Little girls are great! Continued health and happiness your way.

Trish said...

Wow, wow, WOW! So exciting. Kaiden is going to be such a good big brother. Glad to know your appointment went well and so tickled that you will be in pink AND blue for the next 18 years or so. Your mom's butt thing must really work.

Michelle said...

Oh congratulations! I so miss being pregnant (wrong, I know but I loved being pregnant). Those are some wonderful ultrasound photos. Always my favorite appointments when I got to see my baby. Enjoy your preparations for your new baby girl!

And thanks so much for stopping by my blog yesterday on my SITS day. I had so much fun and am still wading through wonderful comments. I hope you enjoyed yourself and that you come back to visit soon!

Katie said...

Oh YAY! Congratulations!! I love her profile, what a sweet little face.

chandy said...

Congratulations on your darling little girl! One of each is such an awesome blessing!

lizspin said...

I don't see the rump, but I sure see the baby girl!

Congratulations!

Melissa Darby said...

YAY for Girls!! I have 2 and they are awesome, little girl clothes are the best

ashley said...

Congrats Tracey. Your little girl will have Kaiden to keep her safe =)