Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Random Thoughts

I have some randomness swirling around in my head today since I haven't been able to post in a few days. I thought I would get it all out there on the table so maybe my brain won't have to work overtime today.
  • Kaiden woke up today with his first ever fever. 15 months and no fever till this point. I think that is pretty good. But I guess I knew something was coming since the past two/three days he has just been really cranky and clingy. Ugh. Next I have to google some info on children and fevers since I am new to this.
  • My mother-in-law just left this morning. She was here for 10 days. How spoiled were we to have some extra hands around here for a bit?!?! My goodness! She put Kaiden to bed pretty much every night, took care of him so that hubs and I could enjoy a date one night and go to our bible study (kid free) last night. She also helped me cook, clean up and allowed me some more relaxing time. Ahhhh....I'll miss that.
  • We got our new mattress a week ago tomorrow. I'll have to do a separate post about it later. The verdict is still out if I will like it or not. I am being very optimistic, though. Fingers crossed.
  • I think I am addicted to this new show in the afternoon called "A Haunting" on the Discovery channel. Oh my gosh. I watched two episodes yesterday and I was freaked out the rest of the day. Crazy stuff.
  • I totally have to get my butt in gear and get these pictures off my computer and get them printed. Seriously. You are all probably tired of me saying this, but it is a on going, never ending project. I finally printed some of them, but then I turn around and have more to print. I just have this fear of my computer crashing and losing all those pics. Most of them are of Kaiden that would be devastating to lose.
  • Hubs thinks that he may have been caught by that stupid photo radar on the 51. Driving my car none-the-less. You all know how I feel about that blasted thing. We were on the 51 and it must have turned from 65 miles/hour to 55 miles/hour (seriously for all of a mile). Of course they put the radar right there cause it's the easiest way to trick people and give them a ticket. He thinks he saw it flash. So we are awaiting another ticket in the mail. Grrrr....
  • I woke up at 3 am to the sound of coyotes, I believe, having a feast fest or something. It really sounded like a pack of hyenas were outside our back yard, but since we don't have hyenas in AZ I am assuming it was coyotes. It was so loud. Loud enough I even heard them even with my ear plugs in. They will kill any animal they can get their teeth on. Rabbits, dogs, cats, etc. Hopefully they never mistake our little Paco as a feast. Yikes.
  • This kid is making my insides feel like a punching bag. Starting at 4 in the morning. He/she is so active already. I can only wait until they grow a bit and those legs and arms make the punching feel stronger. Yikes! It's fun, though. It makes me laugh outloud at times.

Alrighty then...I have much to accomplish today so I better get off my butt and get going. Toodles!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Glad you had some free time with hubby! It is always so wonderful to have great in-laws!! Ps. I love the Haunting too! Being a stay-at-home, I often finds shows that I am addicted too! Blessings!

lizspin said...

How lucky are you to have all those months fever-free and be happy to have your mother-in-law as a houseguest!

Katie said...

I remeber the coyotes from when we lived in Colorado. I couldn't believe it when we figured out what "that howling noise" was. My kitty became an indoor cat after that.