Monday, January 5, 2009

Pregnancy Update: Week 16.5

So, I am a little late on the posting of my monthly pregnancy update. But you know what they say...better late then never, eh?

I wish I had more exciting news on this pregnancy. I mean, it seems like it is moving along at record speed. Just yesterday I was 12 weeks and now another month has flown by. Probably because of the holidays in addition to the busyness that is created having a 15 month old running (literally) around the house.

Although the whole family passed around a little stomach bug that had me plagued with a severe aversion to food for a couple days, I pulled out of that mess without a scratch and have my old appetite back again. I have begun to feel a little movement from the little goober and wonder if this one will be quite as active as Kaiden was. He moved all the time. All. The. Time. I got a laugh out of my doctor during that pregnancy when she told me to take an hour each night to lay down and count the baby's kicks. "You should be able to feel 10 kicks within an hour," she would say to me. Uh, no problem there, doc. With Kaiden I literally would feel 20 kicks within the first 5 minutes. So, I just wonder if this little one will be just as active.

I started on my progesterone shots yesterday. Luckily, my insurance company called me to let me know that I am eligible to have a nurse come to my house each week for the next 20 weeks (hopefully I make it that far) to give me the injection instead of me having to drive to the office every week to receive it. Phew. Can I get an Amen? That was a relief to hear since my doctor's office is about 25 minutes away. So, yesterday the nurse came bright and early, stuck a needle longer than I have ever seen in my butt, listened to the baby's heartbeat, took my blood pressure and was on her way. See ya next week!!!

I went to my monthly OB appointment this morning and all seems to be going well. She too listened to the heartbeat at 150 beats/minute-normal, blood pressure-normal, urine test-normal, weight 131-down 2 lbs from last time. Not so normal. I started at 130, gained 3 lbs my first trimester (which in itself was a small miracle since I felt like I was eating for an army instead of just 2) But, I attribute the weight loss to three days of forcing myself to eat crackers and chicken noodle soup over Christmas while I then turned around only to throw it up from that dang stomach bug. I am sure the weight thing will catch up with me in no time. No worries.

Other than that, it's all easy-peasy-Japanesey. Just sailing along. We have my second trimester ultrasound on the 30th of January when we will be able to find out if we will be painting the baby's room pink or blue this go around. I don't know why, but I think that we are having another boy. I don't have anything scientific to go on, but I just feel like I am destined to be a mom to all boys. My bathrooms will smell like pee for the next 18 years, but hey, that's okay by me. We will be happy with whatever God gives us! They are also going to start doing a cervical length check on me at week 20, 22 and 24. If I have a shortened cervix this can determine if I will deliver early. Again. So, they are watching me very closely and I feel like I am in good hands.

Here's my 16 week preggo picture:

Stay tuned for the "big reveal" in a few weeks!

4 comments:

Trish said...

You look great! Can't wait to know if we will be parners in bathrooms smelling like pee or if you will be graced with something a little more civilized- if you will- this time around.

liz said...

Glad that stomach bug didn't get the better of you.

Here's hoping for a girl!!!

Tracy said...

You do look great! I'm glad things are going well thus far. Thanks for keeping us up to date. Blessings!

Katie said...

You are adorable. I wished I looked so cute when I was preggers. Good luck, I hope your cervix is long and closed, lol. I don't get to say that sentence very often. :)