Monday, January 26, 2009

Planning a Trip

We are planning a trip. A real, honest to goodness long weekend away from Arizona and from the kid. A weekend amongst ourselves in peace and quiet. I can't wait. I can already hear my muscles breathing a sigh of relief.

My Mom and Dad offered to plan a trip to Arizona to visit in February to watch Kaiden while hubs and I ventured off on what could be our last get-away before baby #2 arrives in June. You see February 14th is our 2 year anniversary. *collective oooo's and ahhhh's come from the crowd* And now that I think about it, with all that has happened the past two years, I can't believe that it has only been two glorious years of marriage. We were engaged in May of 2006, married February 2007, pregnant with kid #1 in March 2007 (there went our theory of we better start "trying" cause we don't know how long it will take), birth of kid #1 in October 2007, hospital becomes second home while kid spends 6 weeks there, quit my job in January 2008 after going back for a week and a half to become a stay-at-home mom, kid #1 turns one in October 2008, find out we are pregnant with kid #2 in October 2008 (apparently we are very fertile)...and now here we are 2 years later. Phew. I'm tired just thinking about it.

So anyways, with only 4 days to vacation, we wanted to go somewhere close so that we didn't have to waste two whole days for traveling there and back. We settled on Park City, UT. Never been, always wanted to go. Plus, what better place to kick back and relax while it is a million degrees below zero outside. Hubs was going to try skiing one day while I spent a day at the spa and the rest of the time we didn't want to feel like we were tourists and had to do anything specific other than relax.

A couple of weeks ago at my 16 week OB appointment I had to meet with the Nurse Practitioner since my doc was all booked up. I mentioned the vacation and she didn't see a problem with it as long as my two cervical length checks come back ok in the next couple weeks. At my OB appointment this past Friday I decided to mention it again to my real doctor just to be safe. Glad I did.

Me: "Hubs and I are still planning a trip over the weekend of February 14th. Is that still okay?"
Doc: "Well, it should be. Just as long as you check out okay at your cervical length checks. You aren't going somewhere that is a high altitude, are you?"
Me: "Well, we are going to UT. It's high altitude, but I'm not sure how high."
Doc: "Ooooo. I really don't want you going somewhere over 5000 ft."

Note to self: Always check with regular doctor regarding vacations rather than Nurse Practitioner.

Luckily we booked our flights on Southwest so we can change our flight and even use them within the next year. We canceled our hotel reservations, car rental, dinner reservations, etc. and had to come up with plan B.

After much deliberation we came up with San Diego. Which is fine, but we have been there many times before. We were trying to go somewhere new. Plus, San Diego is harder to just sit around and relax. You almost feel like you have to do the touristy thing. But at least we will be getting away together to enjoy our last hurrah for awhile.

I hope everything checks out okay because we don't have a plan C.

On a completely different note, here is our new toy. Now I don't have to compete with hubs for computer time or be confined to the office when I waste my days blogging or surfing the net conduct my important business on the computer. Can I get an Amen?!

1 comment:

lizspin said...

Good for you!!! Everytime my husband and I would go on a trip alone, I would come back Pregnant. . . at least that can't happen to you!!! (Well, I mean . . . again. You can't get pregnant again.)