Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cast your vote! Boy or Girl?

I had a dream last night. But, not just any dream. The dream. The one where the sex of the baby is revealed to you. I had it with Kaiden. A week before our ultrasound I dreamed that I had a little boy and a week later they told us that we were going to have a boy. A friend of mine had a dream that she was having a girl. And birth day came...she had a girl. So, last night I had a dream that I had a girl. I was shocked this morning and still don't know if I should "trust" my dream or not. But, gosh darn it, the suspense is just killing me. I only have to wait till Friday to find out, and thank goodness that this week is super busy for us cause it seems to be going at lightening speed.

So, I wanted to get a little vote going here. What do you all think it will be? My Mom and I were having a chat the other day about some of the wives tales of pregnancy that can "predict" what the sex is. Scientific? I think not. But heck, it's fun to guess anyways. So, let me give you some facts about the pregnancy and you can leave me a comment and let me know what your guess would be. Whoever gets it right, will get a prize. Well, the prize is that you got it right and bragging rights. How about that for a prize?!?!?

Can you base your vote on these facts and get it right?

  • I didn't have hardly any morning sickness this time. With Kaiden I had it for the first 10 weeks. But this time, I would get some nausea off and on for like 5 minutes at a time. I only threw up once.
  • The baby's heart rate has consistently been in around 150 beats/min.
  • I am carrying pretty much all in front. A basketball sort of belly. Same way as I did with Kaiden.
  • The only thing that has begun to spread east to west is my butt. I also caught a glimpse of it the other day in the mirror and I am pretty sure I saw it starting to head south as well. It's not pretty. Believe me. My Mom is convinced that your butt usually gets bigger when you are pregnant with girls.
  • I have been having some major break outs. I have had problems with my skin since I moved to AZ in 2003. But with Kaiden my face miraculously cleared up for the whole pregnancy. This time I have felt like a 13 year old going through puberty again.
  • My boobs are enormous. Well as enormous as a former 34A cup can get. And they hurt like the Dickens. With my first pregnancy they hardly grew at all and weren't sore at all. Not this time. Hubs has been thanking the boobie gods for blessing me in that way this time around.
  • With Kaiden my hair started falling out in clumps in the shower during my pregnancy. Not too worry. If you have felt or seen my hair, believe me, I have been blessed with 9 times that of an average head of hair. But this time around it seems to be holding steady and I haven't really lost any at all.
  • This baby seems to be very active so far. It is still early to feel the forceful kicks and punches, but he/she moves a lot. Kaiden moved all. the. time. All the time.
  • It feels like I am carrying pretty low.
  • I crave sweets. Salty and sugary sweets. Mostly chips and milkshakes.
  • I am super moody. With Kaiden I was an emotional train wreck. I cried a lot. My poor husband. This time around I feel extremely agitated. Like if I don't control myself someone will surely get a butt chewing. Again, my poor husband.

So there you have it. I think that is enough information to cast your vote. I will give you the final outcome on Friday after the ultrasound! Stay tuned...

12 comments:

lizspin said...

Girl! Girl! Girl!

Allison said...

I won't guess, but I will tell you that I carried my 2 all out in front. I was often told that I didn't look pregnant from the back. I would have people come across a room to tell me I was having a boy for sure (both times). As you know, I have 2 girls. I broke out like crazy with the girls. I feel like a teenager. I swore my butt was huge. I was super moody. My boobs grew 2 cups sizes -- from 32A to a 34C! I was bedridden nauseous both times. Their heartbeats were always high, but I was told it more means activity vs. inactivity when they check. My hair didn't fall out, but my cousin's did with her daughter. Natalie I craved salsa. Eboni I craved chocolate. I carried high. I think the way a person carries has to do with body type and not so much with the sex of the baby. Oh, and I would dream about having a boy all the time with Natalie. I had no dreams about either way with Eboni.

Thought I'd send more confusion your way. :-)

Jolie Molino said...

Girl, trust your instincts....

Melissa Darby said...

I have 2 of the same sex and I felt completely different. When the ultrasound teck told me that I was having a girl the second time I asked her if she was sure. So all that being said I am not guessing! But I am super excited to find out!

ashley said...

hey there tracey. i am not sure, you have me stumped. when i was pregnant with aiden, i didn't have any morning/evening sickness, i carried in front and pretty low, acne pretty bad and my hair fell out. but with your dream, i am thinking you are having a girl. =) good luck

MOMMY said...

Based on the fact that so many things are different w/this pregnancy, I'm gonna stick to my initial gut-instinct even before you started to experience signs:
"Sydney Paige Madison Riley Rezapour"...heehee(any or all of the above) G-ma&G-pa will be ecstatic either way!!!!!

Trish said...

TWINS... wait.. just kidding... that wasn't an option.


BOY! But that's just Noah talking. He wants a boy couzin to play with and visit.

Your mom did that butt thing with me and she nailed it. Boobs... husband here too is thanking the pregnancy gods...mine were terribly sore until December and they are just huger than I ever thought possible. My skin has been hit or miss- on and off. No morning sickness. Heart rate has been around 150 (healthy!). I'm carrying mostly in front and low but of late I am spreading a bit out front because there's no where else for it to go! My hair, thankfully, has stayed in my head. I unlike you do not have any to spare... I also have a wiggly one. Darren felt his first kick this past weekend. So fun. I'm also on a snack kick... sweet and salty... The only mood I feel like I swing into is weepy. Doesn't take much. And the verdict for us- BOY- as you know...

Darren and I were both having dreams about a baby girl. The family was convinced sight unseen that we were having a girl... I even had a dream you had a girl and our girls grew up together and put on dance recitals for us to Madonna. Maybe Noah and Kaiden can pull a Jeff and wear a tutu...

I can't wait to learn what you are having!

Katie @ 3 Blondes and a Redhead said...

I hope for your sake it's a girl...I love having one of each! (...so far...)

Notwifezilla- Jackie said...

I'm thinking girl. I craved cheeseburgers with Mo though and I heard that with girls it should be sweet. I did hear the wives tale that "girls steal your beauty" hence the acne. My face got really full at the end too. My boobs...well they're huge and still huge! (Gotta love breastfeeding!) I had "the dream" but it was a boy!! Obviously that wasn't true. BTW, we didn't find out until she was born.
Good luck! Hopefully the baby cooperates w/the ultrasound.

Shelley said...

I'm gonna have to vote boy... let us know.

OMG Sister Jan said...

Gut feeling has always been - GIRL! But then it was that for Kaiden, too.

chandy said...

I'm going to vote GIRL. I love contests where I have a 50/50 shot at winning!