Monday, December 22, 2008

Wish I Thought of It

Okay. I think I might have discovered the coolest, ingenious invention to ever cross my griddle.

No joke.

A friend had told me about this product months ago, and because I don't shop at the same grocery store as her I checked the other 3 that I shop at every time I was there "just in case" they decided to start carrying this little gem. To no avail. So, one day last week I was attending a story hour with Kaiden at a church that was a few minutes from her grocery store so I decided to run in to give it a whirl. This my friends, is what I am talking about.
Yes, it's exactly what it looks like. Pancake/waffle batter in a whip cream type of can.
But in case you missed the best part, let me give you a close up...
Yes, my friends, it's organic.

So, let's just say that your son is tired of eating oatmeal or cereal again for breakfast and for a little change of pace you would love to whip up some pancakes. Oooops. Better not. That would mean that you have to make a whole batch for just you and ummm, little man here. Well, not anymore. You just shake and squirt this batter into a pan to make one or two pancakes and voila! Instant pancake. Happy son.

Now, the truth is that it doesn't quite taste like you whipped up the batter yourself. But it is still quite tasty. And for a change of pace and something new to offer on those "picky" days, it has been a great addition to my refrigerator.

Wish I thought of it.

P.S. I found this at Albertson's right next to the cartons of egg white products, for those who have one near by. I have looked at Safeway, Fry's and Walmart and none of those stores carry it.

7 comments:

chandy said...

Wow... not only will I be trying that, but I think I might have to get a can for my husband for Christmas. That is pure brilliance right there.

Debra said...

Tracey,

I have missed you ~ Hope you and your guys have a very Merry Christmas!

God bless you!

Katie @ 3 Blondes and a Redhead said...

They sampled this stuff at Costco about a year ago and we were completely addicted. Then I got into making my own batter (way cheaper) and can't go back and forth, otherwise my homemade pancakes won't taste any good...

Just me said...

Ooooh!! That's pure genius! I'm definitely going to have to go find some of that and make some!

Merry Christmas!

Susan said...

Get OUT OF HERE! I'm going to google it right now. I would have filled my husbands stocking with it if I'd known before!

Danielle said...

Cool tracey!! I must try it!!Hope you had a great Christmas, and Kaiden too!!

Katie said...

That is pretty clever...in a Space
Oddessey sort of way.