Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Walk To Remember

Today Paco and I accompanied Kaiden on his first outdoor walk to the mailboxes. Now, what usually takes me all of about 5 minutes to walk to and from the mailbox took us 30 minutes today. The mailbox is only four houses away. Four. But, it was a good opportunity for Kaiden to get out and start to walk on some uneven surfaces and see the world around him. We stopped at all the flowers, picked up (and ate) every rock (and I live in AZ where everyone has "desert landscaping with all rocks in their yards) and looked at the bugs crawling down the sidewalk.

I have been wanting to post a little video with Kaiden walking (since I finally learned how to use this feature on my camera...Thanks Janet!). So I deleted some pictures and made some room on my memory card. It's not much, but it'll do for now until I go through and get others off of there. Here he is walking up to the front door after our long outing! Enjoy!

video

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Ooh, that is so precious. Reagan is finally starting to walk longer distances (by that I mean more than 5 or 6 steps) and I'm so happy about it. She's been walking with assistance since she was 10 mos. old, but just wouldn't do it on her own until this last month. I think she instinctively knew that if she began walking on her own, we would be carrying her less! Anyway, the video was precious - thanks for sharing! Blessings!

Katie said...

I miss that baby toddle!! He's so wobbly and cute :)

liz said...

I'm in love!!! Can he come visit? I won't keep him long. I promise!!!

Susan said...

That is precious. He is adorable. All mine do are mouth back and talk about kissing boys. UGH!

GRANDMA said...

Kaiden James,
I could scoop you up & kiss your
face off, Goobie doobie doo!!!!

Love you googles!
GrandmaP

Austin Samuel said...

Hey no problem on the camera help! I love the weeble wobble back and forth. Too adorable!