Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Pregnancy Update: Week 12

Well, I survived my first trimester. Just when I thought that I would likely slip into a exhausted coma and not wake up or possibly eat my arm off to fill that gaping hole in the pit of my stomach, I came through unscathed. And honestly, all in all, it wasn't half bad. I only threw up once and the nausea came and went for all of about 5 minutes per day. Not too bad if you ask me.

So what does that all mean now? Well, according to the books this is the time when I enter the "blissful" period of pregnancy. When you wake in the morning and the birds seem to be singing your own special tune outside of your window. When your little "bump" finally protrudes and people know that you are pregnant and not just hanging on to those last holiday pounds and when the pregnancy glow glistens on your face.

Ha ha hee hee ho giggle snort giggle ha hee hee snort ha ha ha hee ho ho snort giggle giggle hee hee ha hee ho giggle giggle giggle ha!

Oh sorry, that made me laugh in all of it's ridiculousness.

But really, what I really look forward to is the first feelings of flutters of the little goober moving around. For the first weeks it feels almost like my own little secret that only the baby and I share. Then I look forward to going to our ultrasound and finding out if it's got a "twinkie" or a "ya-ya." Yes, I know, I am so mature. I look forward to shopping for the furniture, picking out his/her name (and then changing it 50 million times), reading books to Kaiden to "prepare" him to be the best big brother ever, pregnancy brain setting in, my weekly progesterone shots in my butt every week starting at week 17, my hair starting to fall out in clumps in the shower, not seeing my feet...Oh, wait...I am supposed to look forward to the blissfulness of it all. I forgot. In all seriousness I really do enjoy being pregnant. I had a great first pregnancy with Kaiden (despite the fact that he wanted out after only 29 weeks) and I really look forward to this one going smoothly. Without any issues. please. The whole process is truly amazing and never before have I been in such awe at the shear miraculousness of creating a human life.

So I hope you enjoy my journey along with me. I am sure I will have some great stories to share and all you mommies out there will be able to relate!

Here I am 12 weeks preggo. Can you see the little baby "bump?!"

I get weekly updates from Babycenter about my pregnancy. Here is this weeks information.

How your baby's growing: The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder. Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

7 comments:

UR MOMMY said...

Hi Trixie,
you looked "radiant" over the Thanksgiving holiday week & it's obvious what a fabulous Mom you are already....only (1) question...

how come the Pregnancy site doesn't say "her" toes will curl,
"her" eyes have moved,
"her" ears are in place, etc. (heehee)

Susan said...

YES!! You look totally pregnant, but of course the pose and post emphasizes that - if I saw you on the street you look like you might just have a little turkey bloat! (smile) So glad all is well...from someone who had to miscarriages years ago, I always hold my breath and feel total relief when anyone tells me they're past 12 weeks and/or hear the heartbeat. I will be watching. Oohhh...a girls would be LOVELY!!

Katie said...

Aww, you look so cute! I'm glad you made it through relatively unscathed. I spent my first trimesters hunched over the bowl/sink/side of the road revisiting with my breakfasts.
Hopefully you will feel some kicks soon! It's usually earlier with the second so keep us posted :)

Notwifezilla said...

You look so cute prego! Did you have to do the shots w/Kaiden? I did shots in my belly from week 5 to 36, and while not fun, it ends up being no big deal, especially when you get the end result. Continued healthy vibes your way!
Jackie

Debra said...

Tracey,

You look fabulous! I see the baby bump! Yay! I'm glad you are feeling better each day.

Happy Thursday! ((hugs)) to you!

Sarah Jewel said...

Awww! I just hit the 18 week this Monday and it's been HORRIBLE. haha Pregnancy and I don't get along. I get totally mad at women who just breeze through it and love it. Mainly because I'm a jealous troll, but ehh. :D
Congrats on getting a third through it!

chandy said...

What a cute little bump! I can totally see it!