Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wednesday Whine

I stumbled across Karen's blog today. Actually, she visited me from Tackle It Tuesday yesterday so I went to check her out as well. Today she is starting a weekly meme called "Wednesday Whine." She says that we will feel a whole lot better if we get something that is bothering us off our chest. I believe her. I am pretty sure she meant one thing but, heck, while I am at it I might as well get a whole slew of things off my chest. Let the whining begin.
  • I woke up today and realized that I need a major attitude adjustment. Major people. Major. I am pretty sure that I have been an absolute bear to live with the past few weeks. Dare I say, months? I have been inpatient, snappy, unmotivated (aka lazy) and just plain miserable. If you see me out and about, kick me in the butt. Hard. I deserve it.
  • Why is it when someone (names are withheld to protect the not-so-innocent) knocks the dog's water bowl over and goes to the closet to grab a towel to clean it up with do they grab the nice, clean, in very good condition hand towel that I use in the guest room when the raggedy, stained, who cares what this looks like cause I never will put it out for public display towel is right next to it?
  • I put the baby down for a morning nap about 10 minutes ago. Everything had been quiet and relaxed all morning and then the dog starts yapping up a storm. Happens. Every. Time. So annoying.
  • I am really in the mood for a Subway sandwich. Turkey and cheese on Parmesan Oregano bread with lettuce, bell peppers, pickles, salt and pepper and a smidgen of mayo. Of course with Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips. But, my OB said to watch lunch meat. Not that I can't eat it at all, but just not too often. Sure, you take away my wine, beer and sushi, why not lunch meat too?

Ahhhhh, I think that she is right. I am feeling a whole lot better already! I am pretty sure that I could find lots more to whine about, but you know what they say, "negativity feeds off of negativity." And I did say that I needed an attitude adjustment so I'll stop. For now.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better now that you've gotten those whines out...

Katie said...

Ahh, the towels! I feel your pain!!