Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dreams

Remember when you had those really bizarre, I mean really bizarre, dreams during pregnancy? Well I started having some of those last night in between waking up 50 million times to toss and turn or get up to pee. Never-the-less, I had some doozies that are left up for some major interpretation. So, dust off your dream books and help me figure out what this one means.

Hubs and I were on this school bus with a bunch of people. None of which I recognized. We were driving through this little suburban neighborhood that sat right on a body of water. I don't know if it was a large lake or ocean, but regardless there was water involved. We pulled up to this wooden bridge that overlooked the water and all got off the bus and onto this boat. We were going to be taking a boat tour. So we piled into the back of this boat. Only the boat was sitting on the bridge. In the back of the boat we all were sitting in water about up to our necks. I was in the very back looking down the bridge at a man (that would be our tour guide) walking up towards the boat. He was carrying a dolphin. A real, live dolphin. Pretty cool, I thought. At this point, hubs and this other man get out of the boat and said that they needed to go to Wal-mart and would be right back. The tour guide sat on the side of the boat and handed me the dolphin. I thought, "oh, how cute" and was holding it and hugging it, etc. I asked a lady sitting next to me to take a picture. As the dolphin and I are looking at each other face to face, he started to throw up on me! But not just any throw up. Like black, watery throw up. He kept doing it like 4 times in a row. I was trying to scream for someone to get that thing off of me, but no noise would come out of my mouth. The lady was just snapping pictures and wasn't helping. It was gross.

Meanwhile, hubs was in Wal-mart. He and this man were there buying, of all things, sleeping bags and adult diapers! I told you it was going to be a bizarre one! HA! I must have decided to get out of the boat and try and get myself cleaned off, cause I ended up at Wal-mart too. I went into their restrooms that had like 20 stalls. My dog, Paco, somehow joined me in the bathroom. As I went in one of the stalls I closed the door but found myself standing at the side of the toilet because when you shut the door, the door was so close to the toilet that it touched the front of it. There was no way to actually sit on the toilet (or "hover" like we all should do in public restrooms) to go because the door was right there in the way! So I opened the door and tried the next one. Same thing. I finally had to stand there and wait for the handicapped restroom so I could fit. Of course there was a huge line for that since none of the other stalls were usable.

At this point, I woke up baffled. What does this all mean? Dolphins, boats, throw up, Wal-mart bathrooms, adult diapers and sleeping bags? Hmmmm.....Am I losing my mind? Probably. But that is for a whole different post. Any dream interpreters want to take a stab at that one? Good luck!

8 comments:

Trish said...

What the heck did you eat before you went to bed?

Katie said...

Wow! I have no idea, but the dolphin throwing up on you while you're holding it for pictures rings a *baby* bell. Pregnant dreams are the most vivid and bizarre!!!

ashley said...

Here ya go Tracey – thanks for indulging my boring work day with this “fun”:
“to see dolphins in dreams, symbolizes spiritual guidance, your intellect, mental attributes and emotional trust. Utilize your mind to its capacity and you will move upward in life. It also suggests that a line of communication has been established b/w the conscious and unconscious aspects of yourself. Your willingness and ability to explore & navigate through your emotions are also represented”. “ to see a boat in dreams, signifies your ability to copy and express your emotions. Being on a boat denotes fruitful endeavors and that your plans will go off without a hitch, luck will be right beside you” =) –COURTESY OF DREAMMOODS.COM
DO A SENSE A THEME??? Emotions...we all know how emotions run rampant during pregnancy. This dream actually seems to make a lot of sense in ways that might not seem to at first. I agree—holding the dolphin might be simply your connection with wanting to hold your new baby. this is only one of many--bring on the request to "help with interpreting"

Debra said...

Tracey,

I have no idea! However, thank you for stopping by and for your prayers for Jay and I.

((hugs)) to you!

Katie @ 3 Blondes and a Redhead said...

I don't know much about dreams, but I DO remember that vehicles (cars, buses, trains, planes) represent your life. I've dreamt that my grandpa was driving me really fast on and off a highway and I was totally out of control and it was completely symbolic of how I was feeling in life. (not with my grandpa, but my life)

I heard that theory 10 years ago and EVERY time I dream about a vehicle, whatever it's doing (going slowly, stopped for some reason, going to crash) is exactly what I feel like my LIFE is doing.

So you think your life has stopped on a bridge? :) Well, maybe not, but you get the idea.

Danielle said...

Oh Tracey, I remember having really werid dreams in a was pregnant, I dreamed a lot about snakes!! LOL I don't know what that means!! I also dreamed about something being wrong with my baby, but I think that was I was so scared that my baby wasn't normal.. but don't worry, everything wil be fine...I am praying for you everyday.. thanks for visiting my blog.. love ya girl!!

chandy said...

I had several dreams when I was pregnant that were so vivid...I would dream that I was laying in bed and I looked down and saw a huge tarantula crawling up my chest. I always woke up with a scream and jumped out of bed, then felt stupid when I realized it was just a dream. I'd climb back in to bed and fall back asleep instantly, and my poor husband would lay awake for the rest of the night because I woke him up and freaked him out with my screaming!

Susan said...

I'm just cracking up at the black dolphin puke, and then at everyone's comments...too funny. Does this mean you're sleeping better??? Thanks for the laugh!