Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tolmachoff Farms

I take it back. I take it all back.

In my Thankful Thursday post last week I said I was thankful for the weather. I guess I was trying to be a "glass is half full" type of gal and be optimistic about seeing the end of this hellish weather in sight. I was wrong. Cause this past weekend we decided to venture outside. In doing so, we melted into a pool of goo on the pavement in the 97 degree heat. I cursed Mother Nature the whole time. Even nice Christian girls reach their breaking point eventually. So sue me.

Anyways, we went to Tolmachoff Farms. It's a pick your own produce farm and during this season they have a Halloween theme. Corn maze, petting zoo, pumpkins, etc, etc. It was fun despite the hot sun beating down on us with no shade to get away from it and not even a slight breeze to cool us off. But we dealt with it and made the most of it. I probably won't venture out again until at least November. Just to be sure that this stupid summer is over. But I'm not bitter, can you tell?!

6 comments:

Debra said...

Tracey,

It looks like you guys had a great time. I once heard a comedien say that cactus are God's way of saying.."stop"...turn back...it's getting too hot. tee hee

Blessings to you today!

Katie said...

97 degrees, yuck. But the farm looks fun!

chandy said...

Phoenix is fickle like that, huh? Just when you think it's over, she turns around and gives you just a little more heat.

Noah's Mommy said...

I am so sorry...We moved from Phx a year and a half ago...and I have to say ...I don't Miss the Heat...but I do miss the winters....but the farm looked awesome anyway....hang in there...Cold Stone is hopefully close by....

Notwifezilla said...

Your writing about the heat outside, meanwhile back in Jersey we slept with the heat on for the first night! Hopefully it cools down for you soon.
Jackie

Tracy said...

Again, you are singing my song! We may head out to Schnepff Farms for the Christmas festival. When we went to Lake Tahoe in August, Reagan really, really enjoyed being outdoors - it was like she was thinking, "huh, so this is what the outside is like..." Blessings!