- 4 med bell peppers. Color doesn't matter, although I prefer the red ones.
- 1 lb ground beef, browned over medium heat.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2-1 cup rice, cooked
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place rice in a saucepan and cook according to directions.
- Cut off tops of peppers, remove membranes and boil for 3 minutes. Drain on paper towel.
- In a skillet, brown beef with onions (and I added chopped up the tops of the peppers and threw that in too).
- Place peppers hollowed sides facing up in a baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, can of tomato sauce Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper together. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the peppers are tender, cheese is melted and slightly browned.
P.S. Hubs said that his mother used to throw in peas or corn into the meat mixture as well. I am sure you can get very creative!