Monday, October 27, 2008

Random Thoughts

I have had some random thoughts going on in my head today. Probably explains why I didn't sleep well last night. But I figured I get them off my chest for all of you to read.
  • PA teams are on fire! The Phillies are kicking some major boo-tay in the World Series, Penn State beat it's big time rival Ohio State and the Eagles actually won yesterday. Did I read that right?
  • I can't believe how many times the words, "No. Kaiden. We don't eat coasters" comes out of my mouth. Never in a million years would I have thought I would ever utter those words once let alone a couple times per day. Or "please don't eat the dog's food" or " no we don't feed the dog bananas," or "Mommy doesn't want you to eat her shirt, please." I am sure that is just the beginning and as he discovers crayons and paint and dirt that'll go in his mouth as well. I wish I could tape record myself. It probably is pretty funny to hear the things that I say on a daily basis. It's amazing what motherhood does to you.
  • Hubs and I enjoyed a date night on Friday night thanks to our dear friends that volunteered to watch Kaiden. What a concept to actually be able to eat at a leisurely pace while at a restaurant instead of just throwing food down your throat in an effort to hurry up and leave since you have a screaming kid! We realized that we need to make a better attempt to go on date nights. Hopefully at least once a month.
  • I am exhausted lately. I mean EX-HAUS-TED! Even after I take a nap. I feel pretty good for about an hour or so and then I am totally pooped again. So, nobody come to my house unannounced. I don't have the energy to clean very well, so it's not pretty.
  • Can you believe it is the 27th of October? It'll be Christmas in 58 days. But who's counting?
  • I am making Crockpot Tortellini Soup tonight for dinner. Have you tried it yet? It's super yummy and super easy. I wanted to make it yesterday, but when I went to the store to pick up the beans, I bought bananas, lunch meat, apples and pears. But forgot the beans. The whole reason I went to the store in the first place. There was no way I was going back to store for a second trip so I'll have to go pick them up today. Pregnancy brain has officially set in.
  • Kaiden has started to stand unassisted on his own. Sometimes only for a few seconds, but still. Oh boy. He'll be walking soon.
  • I started getting my free 2 year subscription to Parents magazine the other day. I read the October issue last night. I am not sure if they are still offering that deal, but if so, I highly recommend it. I learned some really great info. Like did you know that the American Pediatric Dental Association recommends that you should take your child to the dentist when their first tooth appears and no later than their first birthday? Who knew? I guess I better make that appointment for Kaiden. Pronto.
  • I hate unloading the dishwasher. Loathe it. I know it's silly cause it's one of the easiest jobs to do. Probably takes all of about 5 minutes, but I just hate it. It think I would file it under the same category as unpacking your suitcase from a trip. I hate that too. But I will tell you that I am extremely anal about loading the dishwasher. There is a right way and a wrong way to load it people, to maximize all the space but still get all your dishes clean. It's one of my pet peeves when it's not loaded "properly." The reason I mention it is because there is a clean dishwasher that needs to be unloaded right now. Ugh.

Okay. I think that is all that I have going on right now. I am off to take advantage of Kaiden's morning nap time and enjoy a nap myself. I'll unload the dishwasher later.

6 comments:

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy said...

Oops, sorry about that. I made a mistake in my comment and the only way to correct it was by deleting.

Anyway, ahh, pregnancy brain - how well I remember, or do I? Yep, lots of repetition here too!

chandy said...

Sometimes I don't think my pregnancy brain has gone away yet, and my youngest is 2.5!

And here's a quick plug: I come from a totally dental-obsessed family, and both of my parents just happen to work for the absolute best pediatric dentist in the valley (Wee Care Dental, Dr. Meyers). If you go there, tell them I sent you and they'll totally hook Kaiden up with lots of extra prizes ;)

Danielle said...

I here you Girl! You have alot going on right now, and you are not yourself! I am here for you! Been there twice!

Just me said...

Tracey, that was a fun post to read:)

I laughed when you said you went to the store and forgot the beans, when that's what you went to get in the first place! I do that too!! LOL

Debra said...

Tracey,

I hate to unload the dishwasher too...what's up with that?

((hugs)) to you!