Anyways, feeling on the sick side made me think of this recipe for Chicken Tortilla Soup that I just LOVE. About a year ago, I was on a quest to find the perfect recipe that was quick and easy and I stumbled across this one. It seriously take all of about 5 minutes to prepare and is really, really good. So enjoy, whether you are sick or not!
- 1 (15 oz) can of whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz) can chunk chicken (I substitute shredded rotisserie chicken that I buy already done at the grocery store, cause canned chicken...yuck!)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10oz) can diced tomato with green chili peppers, drained
- 2T taco seasoning
Pour everything in a large sauce pan. Simmer over medium heat until chicken is heated through. Top with cheese, avocado, sour cream and tortilla chips.