Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Chicken Tortilla Soup

I have been feeling a little under the weather the past few days. Hence the fact that I have really been slacking on doing any posts this week. But truth is, when I feel so crappy, I don't have much to say that is worth while.

Anyways, feeling on the sick side made me think of this recipe for Chicken Tortilla Soup that I just LOVE. About a year ago, I was on a quest to find the perfect recipe that was quick and easy and I stumbled across this one. It seriously take all of about 5 minutes to prepare and is really, really good. So enjoy, whether you are sick or not!

Ingredients:
  • 1 (15 oz) can of whole kernel corn, drained
  • 2 (14.5 oz) cans of chicken broth
  • 1 (10 oz) can chunk chicken (I substitute shredded rotisserie chicken that I buy already done at the grocery store, cause canned chicken...yuck!)
  • 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 (10oz) can diced tomato with green chili peppers, drained
  • 2T taco seasoning

Pour everything in a large sauce pan. Simmer over medium heat until chicken is heated through. Top with cheese, avocado, sour cream and tortilla chips.

Yum-O!

4 comments:

Debra said...

Tracey,

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I just said a prayer for you. I hope that and the soup has you better in no time!

Blessings to you!!

Susan said...

OK, I am SOOO trying this soup recipe. It's my favorite when I eat Mexican out...so I'm going to give it a try. Hope you're feeling better by now!

Tiffanie said...

I LOVE chicken tortilla soup! But, I can't find any up here in Iowa. Ugh!

Hope your feeling better!

The Mom said...

I do mine very similar from a friend's recipe...only using ground beef or turkey...AND for an added kick of flavor? A packet of ranch dressing salad dressing mix (the powder type!).