Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Broken Record

Question: How many times must you repeat the word "No" before you officially consider yourself "sounding like a broken record?"

Is is 10? 100? 1000?

I think today I am already up to 100. I am feeling like I sound like a broken record. So, does that mean that I can actually start using that phrase? I am looking to you, old wise Mommies, because I am new at this game.

Seriously. I think I may just lose my mind. What does it take to get Kaiden to stop touching the TV, stereo equipment and glass on the fireplace? How many times must I say, "no" and remove him from the area before he "gets it?" And when he just laughs at me does that mean that he thinks it is a game?

I'm exhausted. I'm going to bed.

5 comments:

The Mom said...

I think what's worse than the laughing is the hysterical crying when you tell them NO every single time.

Tracy said...

HEHEHE!!! Yep, I'm a broken record too! What really get's me, is when Reagan hear's me tell her no, looks at me, and then proceeds to continue doing it. Ahh, the life of a Mommy... Blessings to you!

Debra said...

Tracey,

I loved your poem today! I'm hoping you win!

((hugs))

Katie said...

wait until he can say "no" right back at you. then the fun really starts!

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

I'm giggling at your post.
Oh boy oh boy... DO I EVER REMEMBER THOSE DAYS! LOL (had two boys)
When my brother was little and anyone asked his name, he'd reply, "Brett Nono." LOL