Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday Mourning

My dearest Philadelphia Eagles-

I have been a fan for many, many years. I have wanted nothing but the best for you. Nothing makes me happier than to see you shine. To see you fly. To see you rise to the top of your game.

Each year I faithfully watch and cheer you on. Only to be let down again and again. While some don't understand my loyalty, I know that I can never give up on you. I see something more. I see hope. I see determination. I see the fire in your eyes. I see your love for the game.

There are times in our lives that we will fall. We will be beaten. But we must pick ourselves up, brush ourselves off and try, try again. This is how we grow in our hearts and minds. This is how we will become stronger and wiser.

NOW BRUSH OFF YOUR PATHETIC LOSS TO THE COWBOYS AND GET YOUR BUTT IN GEAR SO THAT WE CAN BEAT THE STEELERS ON SUNDAY! AND DON'T EVEN THINK OF SCREWING THIS GAME UP CAUSE I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH MORE I CAN TAKE!

Love, your most adoring fan,
Tracey

4 comments:

Melissa Darby said...

How do you like them Cowboys!! Go Cowboys as my 2 year old is so fond of saying!
I can totally make a cake for you, I am going to post more pictures right now, so you can see more cakes I ahve done recently

Debra said...

Tracey,

This post is too cute! I am a Colts fan, My hubby is a Jaguars fan, and my son is a Chargers fan...you can imagine, huh? It's great fun!

Sorry about the loss to the cowboys...even though I lived in Texas for awhile..can't seem to like them...sorry cowboy fans...please no hate mail :)

This was just nice to see another female football fan!

Blessings to you!

Katie said...

I grew up a Giants fan, so I can't pretend to harbor any pity for the Eagles...but somebody has got to DRILL the Steelers into the ground!!

Notwifezilla said...

My heart hurts too! Hopefully this will be the last major collapse of the team this year. (Most likely not though!)Jackie