Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday



This month I have been starting to feel a little overwhelmed with the busyness that is going on with us. We have been pretty busy visiting with friends, knocking things off our "to do" lists while keeping up with the everyday "stuff" that has been going on. Playgroups, grocery shopping, library reading days, etc. Tonight I am hosting the first Bunco group for the women that belong to my church that live in my neighborhood. We go to a very large church (approx 12,000 members) so they are starting to reach out to the women in each area of Phoenix so that we may get together to fellowship on a regular basis. This will also give us a chance to invite other non-members as well to activities that they may be interested in. So I have been busy cleaning and organizing and getting all the details ready for Bunco tonight. I am really looking forward to it.

I have also been extremely busy running around trying to get stuff done for my son's 1st birthday party that we are throwing next weekend. I am secretly glad for this since it diverts my mind from actually focusing on the fact that my son is turning "1" in a few short weeks. I can't bare the thought that my little peanut is actually growing up. I guess it is time to have another one. Ooops. Did I just say that outloud?

So, anyways, with so much going on I have been pretty scatterbrained lately. I am so glad that I have this meme each week to keep me focused on the important things rather than going through life at record speed and forgetting to thank God for all of my blessings.

  • I am thankful for a chance to have a girls night out on Tuesday night. I met up with some friends while our hubbies stayed home to watch the kiddos. We went out to dinner and to see the movie "The Women." It was an okay movie, but we enjoyed just getting out, chit-chatting and being away from the daily chaos of our lives. Side note: Meg Ryan has amazing hair in this movie.
  • I am thankful that hubs has really been stepping up to the plate lately to get his "honey do" list completed. He has also been watching Kaiden a lot more so that I can go to my book club, have GNO and run errands. He really understands that I also need some "me" time and is always encouraging me to get away whenever I can.
  • I am thankful that my back is feeling somewhat better. My son sure is squirmy...and strong! He has really done a number on my back and I have been really feeling the effects of his weight. But, over the last few days I have been feeling a bit better. Now if I could just get a massage I think I would be healed completely. Honey? Are you reading this? You love me, remember?

Please visit Sting My Heart for more Thankful Thursday contributors!

Have a Thankful Thursday!

4 comments:

Blessed One said...

Tracey, you crack me up! I always love reading your blog and your sense of humor is fantastic! It sounds like you're as shocked as I at how quickly the first year has passed! R doesn't look like a baby anymore - she looks like a little girl now! BTW, what church do you attend - 12,000, is it Phoenix First? Have fun with Bunko!

Michele Williams said...

I enjoyed you Thankful post. I live in Phoenix too. God bless you and your family.

Front Porch Legacy said...

So much to be thankful for. Your community sounds like a ton of fun. Have a great Bunco night!

Debra said...

What a great list of thankfulness! Glad your back is better!

Blessings to you today!