Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Quiche

I always thought I was sooo not a quiche fan. Until one night I was in a bind for something quick, healthy and tasty to eat. My SIL had sent me this recipe from the Stoneyfield Yogurt website so I thought I'd give it a whirl. That was a couple years and a few dozen quiches ago...I'm hooked!

The best thing about this recipe is that these are just "guidelines" to follow. Eyeball all the veggies and meat that you throw in there. It's a great recipe if you need to use up veggies that are about to go bad, lunch meat that you can just cut up and throw in.....anything. I've used turkey, chicken, bell peppers, onions, broccoli, etc, etc, etc. Get creative.
  • 1 cup mushrooms, chopped (just eyeball it)
  • 1lb fresh spinach (again, eyeball it)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup plain yogurt
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/8 tsp curry powder
  • 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
  • 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 2 tsp chives (optional)
  • 1 lb turkey (eyeball it)
  • 1 graham cracker pie crust
Saute mushrooms, spinach and other veggies that you may use in olive oil. In a bowl, whisk eggs, yogurt, salt, pepper, curry powder and nutmeg together. Add turkey, mushrooms, spinach, grated cheese and chives. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes until eggs set in the middle. (I usually bake it on a pan so that it is easier to remove from the oven and can catch any spill over.
Enjoy! Yum-O!

2 comments:

chandy said...

I'd never thought about using a graham cracker crust for a quiche before...only the pastry kind. I might have to try that!

Blessed One said...

Hmm, I never thought about making a quiche before. It actually looks relatively easy. Thanks for sharing!