Monday, September 22, 2008

"I Would Like to Thank the Academy..."

Me? You picked me? Little old moi over here in my little corner of the Internet? Awwww...I'm *sniff* so *sniff* honored. I am feeling a little vaclemt. I need a moment. Here's your topic: If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked? Discuss amongst yourselves.

My blogging buddy, Katie, was sweet enough to award me with this fabulous bloggy award. Her blog is totally witty and I find myself laughing out loud on many occasions. You rock, Katie! Noooo, you rock more. Awww, you're too nice, but you totally rock more...
I graciously accept this award but there are many people that I couldn't have done this without. I would like to thank:
  • My family. Without which I would possibly have a few more brain cells, a few less laughs, a lot more free time and, quite frankly, nothing to brag blog about.
  • My faithful readers. All 3 of you. Without you I would have, well, no readers.
  • My cuz'n, Trish, who gave me the inspiration to finally start my own blog. I haven't looked back since.
  • My 12th grade English teacher, Dr. Harrington. Even though I had a serious case of Senioritis and you gave me detention too many times to count for my excessive chatting, you must have saw some redeeming qualities in my writing. Enough to give me a passing grade. Either that or you didn't want to see me another year in your class if you were to fail me.
  • All the big name bloggers out there who get like 10,000 hits per day. You know who you are. And you sure as heck aren't reading my measly little blog. You inspire me to be more than I am. I heart you.
  • Brad Pitt. A million movies and a dozen kids later, you are totally still eye candy.

Hey, it's my acceptance speech and if I want to thank Brad Pitt then so be it.

In accordance with the rules, I am supposed to nominate 7 other amazing blogs. Let's face it, there are so many other super cool blogs out there that I am so at a loss of who to pick. So, if you read this consider yourself awarded. Now go out there and get your blog on.

The rules:

  1. The winner can (and should, really) put the logo on his/her blog
  2. The winner must link to the person from whom they received their award.
  3. The winner must nominate at least 7 other blogs for an award.
  4. The winner must place links to those blogs on their own blog.
  5. The winner must leave a message on the blogs of the people they’ve nominated.

4 comments:

Front Porch Legacy said...

Congratulations!
Brad Pitt, cute and all - but not quite like my George Clooney. Yummy!

Thanks for dropping by my little corner of the internet too.

Debra said...

Seriously, you are a funny girl! Did you see my Colts lost to my hubby's Jags? The tragedy! The injustice! tee hee

How did your Eagles do?

Blessings to you today!!

ashley said...

hey tracey, good ole' doc harrington =) you made me smile reading this. it was great to "laugh" along side of you.

Danielle said...

Tracey,you are so funny and you have a great sense of humor!! I love your blog, and thanks so much for visiting mine!! Maybe we can meet for a glass of wine!! LOL Don't be a stranger!!