Last week while I was out blog
Despite my aversion to the fashions of the 80's I do have some really great memories of that decade. So enjoy a trek back through time with me.
You know you were a child of the 80's if:
- You practiced getting in and out of your car through the windows.
- Your first Walkman weighed 10 pounds and was the size of a brick.
- You wore L.A. Gear tennis shoes.
- You could "see better" with sunglasses that had paint splattered all over the lenses.
- You wore lace gloves with the fingers cut off, bangle bracelets up to your elbows, bright red Reebok high tops and parachute pants to a school dance.
- You watched 'Star Search' on a regular basis.
- Your bangs were teased perfectly to 7 inches above the rest of your hair.
- You wore a bandanna tied around your leg and/or a ponytail off-center on the side of your head.
- You had the tendency to turn up the collar of your polo shirts.
- You would never go out for a night on the town without frosted blue eyeshadow and feathered bangs.
- Everything in your wardrobe was either pastel or fluorescent.
- People were constantly gagging you with spoons.
- You thought banana clips were a godsend.
- You wore Wet n' Wild makeup.
- You were pretty sure the coolest shirt you ever owned had heat-sensitive color-changing abilities.
- You wore friendship bracelets made of woven floss.
- You had snap bracelets.
- You remember when Pee-Wee wasn't a pervert.
- You had five pairs of socks on at any given time.
- You had your scratch-n-sniff sticker collection.
- You used Lee Press-On Nails.
- You wore jelly shoes.
- You remember when you heard that drinking soda and eating Pop Rocks would make your stomach explode.
- You still argue over who was better: Tiffany or Debbie Gibson
Oh the days...