Friday, September 19, 2008

Clarification

I just wanted to clarify something. Today is September 19th, right? And Christmas is still on December 25th, right? Nobody would have happened to have changed it when I wasn't looking, right?

I just wanted to check because after running errands today (Alone. All by myself, might I add...I thought I had died and went to heaven) I was in Costco and Hallmark and it looked like Santa and his elves had thrown up all over the store. Christmas paraphernalia EV-ER-Y-WHERE.

I totally had to look up how to spell paraphernalia.

Seriously. Cards, wrapping paper, gift boxes, lawn angels, toys, tree ornaments. It was nuts! I mean, I love me some Christmas joy and all but, Whoa Nelly, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Can I please just get through Halloween first then you can bring on as much Christmas as you want. Umm, thanks.

Okay. I'm off to write out my Christmas list. I would hate for you all not to get a jump start on buying my presents.

Toodle-oo!

6 comments:

Debra said...

Tracey,

Seriously, you are too funny! Some bloggy friends have already put "countdown to Christmas" tickers on their blogs! There's like ninety something days.

Have a great day ... and remember, go Colts and go Eagles...!!

Elizabeth Channel said...

OK, that's scary...really scary...the Halloween in July stuff was frightening but this is just wrong!

Katie said...

It comes earlier ever year, especially in superstores.

Also, you've been nominated. :)

http://www.strayraisins.com/2008/09/are-you-sure-you-got-right-blog-karen.html

Stephanie said...

I know it really is getting ridculous... pretty soon it really will be Christmas in July!

Stephanie said...

haha I spelled ridiculous wrong... sorry lol

Colleen said...

Hear hear!

I was looking for Halloween costumes for my boys at Target this weekend and was disappointed with the limited selection. I turned the corner and was ASSAULTED by the Christmas display! EEEK! I mean, I ♥ Christmas, don't get me wrong, but let's not get TOO ahead of ourselves!