Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thankful Thursday



This has been a tough week. I have been reliving this past weekend's incident in my mind over and over again. I know that I need to just rest my overactive imagination, but it really showed me (1) how quickly the unexpected can happen, (2) none of us are invincible and (3) that it is only by the grace of God that we walked away without a scratch. We previously thought (from the looks of it) that our car went virtually untouched with a few minor dings in the hood and front end. I did take it to the shop for a makeover and they found that there was a bit more damage to the underside of the car than expected. Thankfully our insurance is covering it all and even covering my rental car so that I won't be housebound for the next week. But, seriously, it could have been SO much worse. We are truly blessed!
  • I am thankful that we were unharmed in our accident this past weekend.
  • I am thankful for a husband that is caring and compassionate exactly when I need him to be.
  • I am thankful that some of our activities are starting up again. Our church's moms group met today for the first time since summer started. A welcomed break for me to pass Kaiden off to the childcare staff while I enjoyed two hours (count 'em...two hours!) with other women from my church.
  • I am thankful that I went grocery shopping yesterday and there is food in the fridge. I came home hungry ya'll!

What are you thankful for today? Visit Sting My Heart for more!

7 comments:

Denise said...

Praise God for keeping His hands all over your life sweetie.

Homesteader in Training said...

God is good! I just read about your accident. I would say you have a bountiful to be thankful for today.
Blessings to you and I'm glad you all are safe.

Kelsey S said...

God is so good!!

Kelsey
mysweetlife.org

ahorne said...

Wow - there's nothing like a car accident to snatch you back to the important things. God's grace is sufficient for us... rest and try to relax a little - He is taking care of you!

Nancie said...

Thank God for keeping you and family safe! Must be a very scary experience but thank God He is with you. Caring husband is a precious gift from God! Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. Take care and may God bless you abundantly!

Beth K. Vogt said...

You have good reason to be thankful! Give yourself time to come to terms with the accident and rest in God's peace and protection.
Beth@TheAccidentalPharisee

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

That is a good list. I did not know what happened over the weekend. I went back and read your post regarding Sundays "near miss". I would still be shook up over it, as well. Praise God that your family was safe.